• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My first day at work, by Cheltenham Shrimper, aged 23 and 51 weeks.

Cheltenham Shrimper

Started my new job today working as a Teaching Assistant at one of the Schools in Cheltenham. It was eventful, to say the least.

In one class, Year 9's, 4 of the students decided to fight one another with the underneath of the chairs (The legs poking out of each other), a couple of the students have ADHD, and another has AS Disorder (I think that's right), in which if he doesnt do things in a certain order or work at the same computer, he thinks his world is caving in. And this is all at a proper secondary school.

One of the teachers I work with also is spitting image of Matt the Shrimp as well. Imagine Matt, but with a very strong Gloucester accent, and your there :D

I'm back in there tommorow, so see what tommorow brings....

I've got 14 days left there now, staggered over a month. £600 at the end of it, so it can't be that bad.

Oh and i've never heard such bad language in one class, even at a very **** footie game....

My mother became a senco(?) at her school in rayleigh (she'd worked as a german teacher for 20 years there previously) after her boss left for another school. She said it was a nightmare and so stressful but she also reaped the rewards as these kids were quite amazing people once you understand them. It was obviously very tiring and and i take my hat to anyone who wants to do it, and can do it. You're amazing. Personally i'll stick to my job but if it's for you good luck, you may need it!

If thats what you seriously want to do i think thats the most poignant word.

Well today, i've been called a ****ing bitch and had my coat and bag chucked across the room.

I never had this problem when I was at a special measures school.

Awesome? Heh. ****ing stoopid more like.....

Jeez whats the world coming to ?

Never would have happened in my day and we had Tucker Jenkins as a role model !

I never once heard a pupil swear at a teacher, nor in a classroom where the teacher would hear.

Have some Green Cheltenham - hopefully make you feel a little better.
If it will improve your mood further I will chuck our offices Orient supporter coat and bag accross the room.
Let me know.

Have some Green Cheltenham - hopefully make you feel a little better.
If it will improve your mood further I will chuck our offices Orient supporter coat and bag accross the room.
Let me know.

Actually, that would make me feel a bit better :D

Back