• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My take on Revell and Betsy and other things

dloman

Manager
I know there are lots of other threads on this but here is my take on it.

Revell:

I am inclined to believe that he did possibly want out and may have had little future at the club. Bear in mind he wasn't in the starting eleven until very recently and these games may well have been last chance boulevard for him.
Now Laurent is fit and ready to go again and it is only my opinion but i feel he would have been fifth choice striker and again imo he is not league 1 standard and unfortunately never would be.

Betsy:

Quite similar to Revell really though i actually think he is of L1 standard but is now ageing and his chances would have been probably limited by Scannell getting fit again, along with choices in the midfield of:

Moussa
Grant
McCormack
JFC
Scannell
Sawyer
O'Keefe
Hazell (plays wide right i believe)

On the finances well i would totally agree things really arn't good and personally i am a lot more concerned about the winding up petition which a lot of people on here don't seem to be taking to seriously. Despite what people say it is quite rare for it to get to that stage and having run larger businesses than SUFC it tends to signal very big problems. Also bear in mind there will probably be a similar sized bill due very soon!

Geoff King in truth shouldn't have said what he did about Revell but in all honesty he was pretty much spot on about him imo, though i fully agree it shouldn't have been said in public, mainly for team morale purposes.

agreed fully....

The only thing that has stirred up this hornets nest is Geoff King speaking out of his arse as usual. Had he said good luck to Revell we wish you the best I doubt it would have had half the agrro on here.

Dave the Shrimper said:
The only thing that has stirred up this hornets nest is Geoff King speaking out of his arse as usual. Had he said good luck to Revell we wish you the best I doubt it would have had half the agrro on here.
Oh, nail on the head !

Only read the first bit so will only comment on that, but Revell clearly didn't want out. He was getting games and certainly seemed settled here.

And there we have it. Now that Ron's had his say I fully expect his next action to be a polite request to Mr King to leave the press liason piece down to him, Garry Adamson or anyone else at the club who knows how to deliver a message in a positive manner.

Revell did want out gents, wasnt happy about not playing. I know that for fact

Only read the first bit so will only comment on that, but Revell clearly didn't want out. He was getting games and certainly seemed settled here.

Only the last two games and one of those was the cup game.

And there we have it. Now that Ron's had his say I fully expect his next action to be a polite request to Mr King to leave the press liason piece down to him, Garry Adamson or anyone else at the club who knows how to deliver a message in a positive manner.

100% bang on the button. Garry Adamson is a top bloke who always puts himself out for the fans and is a superb PR man.

Getting rid of King and putting him in his place would be a massive improvement of the club and all concerned with it.

Back