• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The General

The Mouse (*)
Ok, Ok, i'll admit it, i have been a little bit coy about my team over the past season or so, so i thought i would come clean as i need some advice about what to do next!

First up, my WK who is (well, will be!) handy with the stick in his hand!

Craig Browne - 18 yo, BT Rating=26,455
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: respectable

Now Browne currently has a WK net, a batting net and a stamina net. We are obviously yet to find out the importance of a good WK in the FC scene but i want to train him upto remarkable standard and by that time, he should also have reached proficient fielding and strong concentration as being at least high superb/low quality batting. Would you keep him at 3 nets or perhaps use another on him!?

Roy Guy - 18 yo, BT Rating=34,145
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

Guy is currently getting a stamina net and 2 bowling nets. Now he is only a spinner, so this free's up a net as im my reckoning strong should suffice! Would you also take one of his bowling nets away or does it depend on how far i would want him to go?!

Pete Raven - 19 yo, BT Rating=33,085
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: superb Consistency: quality
Fielding: woeful

Mr Raven is for the record currently getting 1 batt and 1 bowl! As you see his fielding and conc need to be improved, so would you suggest a fielding net or would a WK net be more appropiate?!

Curtis Tapp - 18 yo, BT Rating=26,177
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: strong
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: competent

Last but by now means last, i have Tapp. He, like Raven, is also getting a batting and a bowling net! He is sort of an average all rounder but is lovely to have as a 5th choice bowler (and is also a spinner!). Would you suggest, especially with my weak batting, to concentrate on that side of his game, or just keep going as he is!?

Ideally, they all need at last another season of training which means im not going to be able to take full advantage of any half decent YP's i have but i dont wanna leave these guys half cooked!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanking you all,

Kev

Personally, I think you should stick with these guys for another season before even thinking about changing. How far away from primary pops is Raven? I'd be tempted to sell him after his next 2 primary pops, and buy a very good batsman as a replacement. Either him or Tapp, anyway.

My instinct would be to stick as things are though.

Raven is due a batting pop very soon, hopefully with a week or 2 as i remember his batting and bowling pop at very similar times! I cant sell Raven though, as i currently have Jackman as my only quickie, Raven is a medium and my other 3 (guy,tapp,titterton) are all spinners!

They all need to be taken much further so they can all be stalwarts for you once you finally get out of IV. Personally I would allocate your ten nets as follows:

Browne - Bat & WK
Guy - Bowl
Raven - Bat, Bowl, Field
Tapp - Bat, Bowl, Field, Stamina

Both all rounders need help with their seocndaries, Raven for batting and Tapp for bowling. Once Tapp is up to Strong then stick the fitness net back on Browne.

If you stick with that you'll have four awesome players for IV once you've failed to get promoted this season.

They all need to be taken much further so they can all be stalwarts for you once you finally get out of IV. Personally I would allocate your ten nets as follows:

Browne - Bat & WK
Guy - Bowl
Raven - Bat, Bowl, Field
Tapp - Bat, Bowl, Field, Stamina

Both all rounders need help with their seocndaries, Raven for batting and Tapp for bowling. Once Tapp is up to Strong then stick the fitness net back on Browne.

If you stick with that you'll have four awesome players for IV once you've failed to get promoted this season.

That sounds about right. I might even train another 17yo on one net in place of Tapp's fielding net (Tapp to get that net after a season of Raven with a fielding net).

That sounds about right. I might even train another 17yo on one net in place of Tapp's fielding net (Tapp to get that net after a season of Raven with a fielding net).
Put the Fielding net on Raven, as bowling is more important in an all-rounder than batting, and Raven needs the help on his Cons. Then either use the spare net for a new trainee, or as a floating Stamina net for the rest of your squad, and do without any new trainees.

I can see myself not having any 17yo trainees this season.

Back