• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Naaaarwich

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Anyone see the highlights of their game against Scumchester?
The new keeper was awful!
There old keeper left for a few million I think to sign for Cardiff so they signed this Greek keeper very cheap and from looking on a message board they were very optimistic about his signing but now are all saying he should be in the reserves!
He could probably have stopped 4 or 5 goals in their game on Saturday.

One suspects that that keeper may have played his first and last game for Norwich City - he had all the decision making and composure of Mel Capelton after 12 pints.

The odd thing is that, surely, Brian Gunn ought to be able to spot a decent keeper!

I still think that Norwich City will be up there challenging come next May. It just may take a little longer than suspected to turn round their super-tanker of a club - one which is still, sadly, heading in the wrong direction.

Matt

I work with a carrot cruncher and he has been unusually quiet today even though I have not mentioned the game at the weekend!!!

:whistling:

Having one of the so called 'big guns' of league 1 get hammered on the first weekend made me smile, that fact it was Colchester that did it, did not make me smile.

What can I say. I am absolutely shocked, stunned, flabergasted, embarrassed, ashamed after that last performance. I just can't believe 25,000 people paid money for that.

I think we will still be up there at the end, first or second.
12 new players need a little time to settle in.

There are no excuses, and Yes I am a little quiet today!! I was so looking forward to winning a game!

As for the comments above, Gunny should have left at the end of the season and Perdew put in place, or Coppell.
I've never trusted a Greek and never will, unfortunately we lost a good good keeper to Cardiff.

Saturday was a great day to play Norwich City. The Ewes lucked out in similar fashion last season, playing a home fixture against Carlisle when the Cumbrians were at their lowest ebb.

Anyone see the highlights of their game against Scumchester?
The new keeper was awful!
There old keeper left for a few million I think to sign for Cardiff so they signed this Greek keeper very cheap and from looking on a message board they were very optimistic about his signing but now are all saying he should be in the reserves!
He could probably have stopped 4 or 5 goals in their game on Saturday.

Perhaps the manager should have picked himself to play.

For those of you lamenting the Ewes' 7-1 demolition job: worry no more. On the first day of the 2000/2001 League Two season, Barnet beat Blackpool 7-1. On the final day of that season, Barnet were relegated to the Conference and Blackpool made it into the playoffs where they were promoted after beating someone in the final. I forget who.

My best mate is a Norwich fan, and went along to the game. Surprisingly he hasn't responded to any of my texts or phone calls, can't imagine why.

What a remarkable result it was, and after talking to my Col Ewe mates they could have had 10/11 goals.

For those of you lamenting the Ewes' 7-1 demolition job: worry no more. On the first day of the 2000/2001 League Two season, Barnet beat Blackpool 7-1. On the final day of that season, Barnet were relegated to the Conference and Blackpool made it into the playoffs where they were promoted after beating someone in the final. I forget who.

I considered making the same point in my earlier post. Ex non-league teams sometimes have flattering results on opening days, it seems.

Last edited:
I have only mentioned it approx 176 times in the last two days.
Go on AS, you know you really want to.

I did give him pelters today but he looked so sad that I felt sorry for him and then laid of. What with myself, Carrow Road and a Scottish Weeds supporter all working at the same place, this season is going to be interesting!!!

My best mate is a Norwich fan, and went along to the game. Surprisingly he hasn't responded to any of my texts or phone calls, can't imagine why.

What a remarkable result it was, and after talking to my Col Ewe mates they could have had 11 toes.

Edited for accuracy ;)

Back