• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Name that album?

Should be rules about two different songs with the same title!

There were three totally different songs called 'The Power Of Love' that were big hits in the 80s. The artists responsible:

Huey Lewis and The News
Jennifer Rush (I think!)
Frankie Goes to Hollywood

There were three totally different songs called 'The Power Of Love' that were big hits in the 80s. The artists responsible:

Huey Lewis and The News
Jennifer Rush (I think!)
Frankie Goes to Hollywood

I hated one of them! Should be like Equity though, the later one has to change their name to avoid confusion. Now I think about it I realise the two Candy Girls are completely different, and New Editions' is based on the Jackson 5's ABC apparently:

The single, "Candy Girl", was released to radio in January of 1983. The record was an instant sensation as soon as it was released. An admitted knock-off of the Jackson 5's 1970 hit, "ABC", the song was sung led mostly by fourteen-year-old Ralph, whose high tenor was inspired by Michael Jackson, with alternate leads by Ricky Bell and Bobby Brown to capture off the same vibe that "ABC" did with Michael and brother Jermaine sharing co-lead.

Last edited:
I hated one of them! Should be like Equity though, the later one has to change their name to avoid confusion. .

That may make for more original titles

I mean ,there has only ever been one song of the title "Oh Bondage , Up yours"

(Although when checking I did find it had been re-issued by Rhino in 1993)

And yet, New Edition are still together...

[edit] 2005-present: New beginnings
In the fall of 2005, New Edition performed a medley of hits at BET’s 25th Anniversary Special. During their set, they brought Bobby Brown out onstage for an impromptu rendition of their 1985 hit “Mr. Telephone Man.” It was later announced on BET and Access Hollywood that Brown has reconciled with New Edition and rejoined the group and will be on the next New Edition album. By January 2006, New Edition announced that the group would launch a new album and tour in 2008.

On August 26, 2006, New Edition filmed a concert at the University of South Carolina's Koger Center in Columbia set for a future DVD release, the concert was billed as “Spend the Night with New Edition,” a BET special presented by Lincoln whom the group has done advertising with, Bobby Brown also made an appearance at the show.

New Edition were always Michael Jackson's favourite band. But later he decided he preferred Boys to Men.....:unsure:

Back