• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nasty.....

MK Shrimper

Striker
Looking at the NR log today as the train before me was delayed - apparently caused by a member of the public attempting suicide by trying to touch the Overhead Line with a metal pole.

Of all the ways to go......:stunned:

Looking at the NR log today as the train before me was delayed - apparently caused by a member of the public attempting suicide by trying to touch the Overhead Line with a metal pole.

Of all the ways to go......:stunned:

I assume it was a successful attempt?

Just goes to show the state of peoples minds when making these sort of decisions doesn't it :sad:

Did anyone check to see if it was a driver after picking up his Altered workings for the weekend? Whilst NR mess about with essential (Ahem) maintenance :winking:

There was an 'internet nasty' video of someone in India doing similar. Horrible. We need to do more to help people with mental health problems.

I assume it was a successful attempt?

No, it says attempted but there was minor damage to the OLE so he/she must have got the full 25KV. Poor sods - they must be in hospital I imagine the attempted will soon become successful.

There was an 'internet nasty' video of someone in India doing similar. Horrible. We need to do more to help people with mental health problems.

I saw it, disgusting how it became "entertainment". I've requested to be a NR Mental Health champion, so hopefully I can help out my colleagues should they require it. Course starts next week.

No, it says attempted but there was minor damage to the OLE so he/she must have got the full 25KV. Poor sods - they must be in hospital I imagine the attempted will soon become successful.

I saw it, disgusting how it became "entertainment". I've requested to be a NR Mental Health champion, so hopefully I can help out my colleagues should they require it. Course starts next week.

Don't forget volts mean nothing if there is no current. I wonder what the resistance of a metal pole and a human being are, then we can work out the current. I suspect it will be pretty damn big.

A bit like watching a black man being shot by a cop.

And none too pleasant for the people who have to pick up the pieces afterwards. I can only think that any train driver unlucky enough to see a suicide under his or her train would find it very hard to come to terms with.
Well done on you MK for wanting to do your bit to help.

And none too pleasant for the people who have to pick up the pieces afterwards. I can only think that any train driver unlucky enough to see a suicide under his or her train would find it very hard to come to terms with.
Well done on you MK for wanting to do your bit to help.

Thanks. Yer, I'd imagine it's pretty horrific and all too regular sadly.

Back