• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Bishop

Manchester United have 4 other goalkeepers in the Under 23 squad, let alone De Gea, Henderson and Romero and Lee Grant. I wonder how many actual games of football Nathan gets to play.

I'm not sure that matters. What matters is Bishop puts in 110% all the time, always willing to listen and learn and clearly has the respect of some of the best players in the world. That in itself speaks volumes.

The experience he gains at Man Utd will hold him in very good stead for the rest of his career

I'm not sure that matters. What matters is Bishop puts in 110% all the time, always willing to listen and learn and clearly has the respect of some of the best players in the world. That in itself speaks volumes.

The experience he gains at Man Utd will hold him in very good stead for the rest of his career
Great experience for him,yes,certainly,and it’s great to hear that he’s making a good impression there whether that be currently 9th or hopefully 5th in line,already.
Let’s just hope he can get away quite soon from that hideously over-rich club which is being allowed to corrupt our top division,via “referees”,VAR,..penalties.Presumably he doesn’t have to practise saving penalties as they’re all at the other end of the pitch!
His finest achievement has been not having his confidence and possibly career totally ruined by the ludicrous and. disastrous policy of two of our managers last season,i.e selecting him ahead of Ox,
behind a flimsy defence,when he was totally unready.
I imagine he’d show signs of excellent progress on loan at a League One club.

Great experience for him,yes,certainly,and it’s great to hear that he’s making a good impression there whether that be currently 9th or hopefully 5th in line,already.
Let’s just hope he can get away quite soon from that hideously over-rich club which is being allowed to corrupt our top division,via “referees”,VAR,..penalties.Presumably he doesn’t have to practise saving penalties as they’re all at the other end of the pitch!
His finest achievement has been not having his confidence and possibly career totally ruined by the ludicrous and. disastrous policy of two of our managers last season,i.e selecting him ahead of Ox,
behind a flimsy defence,when he was totally unready.
I imagine he’d show signs of excellent progress on loan at a League One club.

Why would he wan that?. It doesn't matter if he never makes it as first choice or second. He has a great environment to learn his trade, with good coaches and competition that will push a lad of his determination even higher.

Plus when a keeper goes on loan he normally plays rather than being on the bench for a club who are 92nd in the league.

Some websites are quoting £23,500 p/w.

Seems a lot
That sounds like it's been plucked out of the sky, I can't see why they'd offer that sort of salary to an Under 23s player unless there was a lot of interest from other clubs. I'd expect him to be on 4 or 5k.

Whilst the experience of training with De Gea and Henderson is invaluable he never seems to play for the u23s, are the u23s and the first team in separate Covid bubbles?

I don’t really understand why they have 2 keepers on the bench. As they also had Lee Grant on the bench too.

I don’t really understand why they have 2 keepers on the bench. As they also had Lee Grant on the bench too.
One is an EXPERIENCED keeper to come on if needed and the other a promising young hopeful to enjoy the EXPERIENCE.

Back