• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph and Jack Bridge

So good news is Jack has agreed to sign new contract when we are free from Umbongo.
No news on Nathan at all, staying or moving on.
I am pleased Jack is staying and would like Nath to also have a further year.
But who plays then?
For me Jack is not a wing back but is a "fit he starts" man. Same with Nath.
I would like Jack to have more freedom to switch to the right on occasion, and to have a few more shots!

I’d love to keep Nathan but have to agree about his injuries. As a club, we simply have to stop signing injury prone players. I’d maybe give him another year as he’s stuck with us through the horrible times, we know his character and abilities when fit, and if we get 30 games out of him it’s worth it. But moving forward bringing in new players with a bad injury record has to stop, however ‘wow’ they may appear. I still believe injuries more than any other single factor have got us to where we are now, and we knew many of those players were injury prone before we signed them.

We need to get rid of everybody who's made out of tissue paper. The best ability is availability.
If only you could know in advance who is going to get injured. It's a good sentiment, and steering clear of players with a poor track record will help, but it doesn't mean no-one will be out injured.

Sorry to say ralph is injury prone so let go I said this last season but we kept with him he never going to play a full season for us , players carrying injuries will never get us back to league football,

How about the man city setup

Arnold

Hobson Lomas ralph

Miley kensdale

Mooney husin fonguck bridge

Cardwell
I’m not sure how dependent that formation is on total possession domination but if we could make it work it could utilise our players very well, Kensdale is a great fit for the John Stones role and enables Bridge and Mooney to push forwards. I like it a lot.

I’m not sure how dependent that formation is on total possession domination but if we could make it work it could utilise our players very well, Kensdale is a great fit for the John Stones role and enables Bridge and Mooney to push forwards. I like it a lot.
What no place for Gus ? remember Man City usually have Walker where you have put Mooney. Gus must be a shoe in for that position.

I’m thinking something like this:

1686232542120.jpeg

I’d ideally like a ball-playing GK over Arnold and a striker in the Sam Dalby mould instead of Powell. Looks like Hobson is leaving as well, so potentially Lomas instead of him.

Mooney and Gus can rotate sometimes to get the benefits of having Mooney wide right, and Gus can move inside to get on the end of crosses.

I’m thinking something like this:

View attachment 26638

I’d ideally like a ball-playing GK over Arnold and a striker in the Sam Dalby mould instead of Powell. Looks like Hobson is leaving as well, so potentially Lomas instead of him.

Mooney and Gus can rotate sometimes to get the benefits of having Mooney wide right, and Gus can move inside to get on the end of crosses.
Any chance we might be able to get Dalby back on loan? Can see Wrexham adding firepower and him struggling for game time…

Back