• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Nathan Ralph signs

We have Kyprianou and White who can play LB , plus Elvis and Demi for a short period , so can't see us being interested in Hart now.
yep there's absolutely no need to have a 'L1 ready' back up LB. Kyprianou is backup once he's back in action and White can cover too, and if Ralph was to sustain a long term injury then we can dip back into the loanee market for Hart or similar.

I like the sound of this lad. Normally I wait to see them in action first and always proceed with caution when it comes to Youtube highlights.

He clearly has some pace and is not afraid to cross the ball early or even 'blind'. Whilst we all snigger at Scottish football their PL is a step up from L1. I like the fact that he says he is a defender first, anything else is a bonus. Having come the long way up and now 26 maybe the option of first team football in your home county is more attractive than a career stalling stint as back up in some grim Northen Championship town.

So when was the last time we signed a clubs POTY ......That would be Milligan (posibly) and before that Goodship.......Bond has clearly gone for character as much as ability which is what we all demanded over last seasons long winter....Lets keep that up

As for Hart coming back on loan that has to now be in doubt.

So far three very promising signings from Mr Bond. Ralph has experience, he comes from Essex and he wants to play for us.

Two ex Yeovil players now signed, hopefully they will be better than Barrington Belgrave and a lad called Risbridger!

Looks good plus was Dundee POTY last season. Good work again by Mr Bond

For me I will wait to see him in action. You Tube vids will big up a player, naturally. However, as stated on the Dundee forum, he was part of a defence that conceded an average of over 2 goals a game last year and lot of his tackles, were going to ground after he had been caught forward. As said the You Tube video won't show how many he missed. That's the down side.

On a more positive note, he has pace, looks like he crosses a good ball, gets himself and his team out of trouble due to a good turn of pace and good timing. A good age at 26 and apart from playing against Celtic and Rangers, will be playing at a higher level more consistently this season.

I wish him all the very best in a new Blue shirt, local Essex lad who wants to be here.

The positives far outway the possible negatives.

A good bit of business in my book and could be a brilliant long term prospect.

Bond out. He's a liar he told CP nothing was imminent. How can we trust him now. Or is it CP spreading fake news. CP out

Agree that the POTY thing is key, it says so much and maybe more so in a relegated team as it can be easier to look good in a team that is winning every week

I seem to recall in our relegation years we've lost our own POTY's and been gutted by that

So all three signings played full seasons last year, and all three were POTY for their clubs. A very worrying trend. Something is wrong- I think Mr. Bond has gone off message and is not with the program..

We have Kyprianou and White who can play LB , plus Elvis and Demi for a short period , so can't see us being interested in Hart now.

Kyprianou and White are both better centre backs now, so IMO still only leaves us with 3 full backs; therefore I wouldn't rule out another left back (though may be it'll be someone who can play left or centre)

I am not quite sure why everyone seems to think Hart is the answer. I thought he did ok, no better than that.

I think he started off that way, but got better as his time with us progressed. I thought he was superb in the last few matches. His commitment was also exemplary, which is especially impressive given he was on loan.

That said, I doubt we'll sign him now.

Hart is great going forward but has a hell of a lot to learn defensively.

Back