• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Nathan Ralph signs

So all three signings played full seasons last year, and all three were POTY for their clubs. A very worrying trend. Something is wrong- I think Mr. Bond has gone off message and is not with the program..

This sounds like my Championship Manager signing policy.

Looks really good. Great spot by K.Bond and his contacts. Possibly spotted by Roger Cross(Chief Scout). Whoever, well done. Looks a great signing.

good signing, but what's that bit about international clearance!!!!!!

He's currently registered with the Scottish FA. The Scottish FA have to de-register him and the FA register him.

The same applies to Milligan as well. It's unusual to only have signed players in the last month who are subject to international clearance. The conspiracy theorists might start wondering if we're under a transfer embargo.

Hart looked a better wing back or winger. Some of his defending was atrocious. Going forward particularly in the last month or two he was rightly MOM on a number of occasions. But hopefully Mr Ralph will give us the best of both worlds ; solid defensively and good going forward

Some really shrewd, obscure signings from Bond. I can't imagine the rate of pay is that high in the SPL outside of Celtic and Rangers nor in the A-League for Milligan. With Kightly retiring, Hendrie etc being released I can't see us having the 5th highest budget which is good. We should've never been that high to begin with in my opinion.

Hart looked a better wing back or winger. Some of his defending was atrocious. Going forward particularly in the last month or two he was rightly MOM on a number of occasions. But hopefully Mr Ralph will give us the best of both worlds ; solid defensively and good going forward

If Sam Hart does return, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him used further forward.

Some really shrewd, obscure signings from Bond. I can't imagine the rate of pay is that high in the SPL outside of Celtic and Rangers nor in the A-League for Milligan. With Kightly retiring, Hendrie etc being released I can't see us having the 5th highest budget which is good. We should've never been that high to begin with in my opinion.

He hasn't played in the A-league for a couple of seasons now but his last contract in the A-League was as a Marquee player, clubs can only sign 2 Marquee players outside of the salary caps so they are generally on good money. That said he was at Hibernian last season so I'd imagine we got him on a reasonably priced contract

So all three signings played full seasons last year, and all three were POTY for their clubs. A very worrying trend. Something is wrong- I think Mr. Bond has gone off message and is not with the program..

Did Milligan win POTY at his club?

I followed him for journalistic reasons when at Woking.
He was mostly sound, but had the odd blip as one might expect in the National League, and with a team that nosedived in the second half of the 2017-18 season.
However, I did marvel how good his agent was when he got him a deal at Dundee.
That said, Ralph took a mental battering last season as well.
Two back-to-back relegations is hard on the soul, so with a modicum of luck, he won't have to suffer an unenviable hat-trick.

Back