• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League Next Season

Wrexham and Notts county really were one off , how long is it since VNL had two sides of their calibre in the league , I expect Chesterfield, Oldham, Daggers, Woking, Bromley, Boringwood, Gateshead, Maybe Hartlepool and Rochdale, throw in Solihull and Eastleigh,,not sure about the clubs that have been promoted, and im sure there will also be a surprise packet normally is also wouldnt write of Aldershot. .I stand by what i said the league will not be a cakewalk as many think it will be.,Also i hope and believe promotion should be the same as in league 1 and 2 4 up and 4 down.

Its gonna be bloody tough again. Like it or not we are currently on par with teams like boreham wood... :(

That said it should be more achievable then this year, wrexham and notts were streets above the rest.

Last edited:
The punters paying money to watch games at these grounds might care.
If they don’t like the facilities, they don’t have to go.

If you visit clubs stadium in Polish Liga II (League 1) & Liga III (League 2), their awful stadium make Wealdstone & Oxford City Stadium look good.

If they don’t like the facilities, they don’t have to go.

If you visit clubs stadium in Polish Liga II (League 1) & Liga III (League 2), their awful stadium make Wealdstone & Oxford City Stadium look good.

That's quite a one sided view. Certain facilities will probably need to be updated at certain grounds. If you move up levels then your stadium needs improving to cope with increased levels of support.

As for the polish leagues. It highlights again how vastly superior the English leagues are. Far better support etc. You wouldn't get crowds of 20k in the 4th tier or 16k in the 5th tier.

English football is unique in this.

There is always a surprise team every season. Who predicted Barnet to do so well when they were flirting with the bottom half of the table the season before.

Ebbsfleet have absolutely stormed their league and apparently have some good backing off of the field. However, doing well in the league below isn't always a barometer of how well they'll do next season. Maidstone won their league and really struggled this season. It also took York and Gateshead a while to steady the ship. Having said that, winning titles gives you confidence and you wouldn't be surprised if they did well. We just don't know.

Had circumstances been different, I'd really fancy us next season. A few tweaks and additions is all we really need. However, we all know that isn't the case unfortunately.

There is always a surprise team every season. Who predicted Barnet to do so well when they were flirting with the bottom half of the table the season before.

Ebbsfleet have absolutely stormed their league and apparently have some good backing off of the field. However, doing well in the league below isn't always a barometer of how well they'll do next season. Maidstone won their league and really struggled this season. It also took York and Gateshead a while to steady the ship. Having said that, winning titles gives you confidence and you wouldn't be surprised if they did well. We just don't know.

Had circumstances been different, I'd really fancy us next season. A few tweaks and additions is all we really need. However, we all know that isn't the case unfortunately.
That's true Sutton Utd won this division on a modest budget were not fancied to do so plus Barrow went up too which surprised many

I fancy a mid table spot will be a success. Anything above that will be huge for us.

If we get a new owner, that won't necessarily mean we will have money to spend on the team, it will purely be for us to settle the ship and keep us financially secure.

I would happily spend the next 10 years in the NL if it meant that the club has a new stadium and a guaranteed future.

I fancy a mid table spot will be a success. Anything above that will be huge for us.

If we get a new owner, that won't necessarily mean we will have money to spend on the team, it will purely be for us to settle the ship and keep us financially secure.

I would happily spend the next 10 years in the NL if it meant that the club has a new stadium and a guaranteed future.
Surely that would be a backward step though in terms of on the pitch success?.

Just how many seasons in non league are we gonna say that 😔

For as long as Ron Martin remains owner of our club, unfortunately.

He goes and the shackles are off. Watch us go.
Sad but true.

On a positive note tho, i do feel with the bones of our squad and the management triumvirant, stan and still etc we could smash this league with a new owner with a bit o cash.

Bishops Stortford been placed in the National league North for this coming season

Thats a ridiculous statement. The two teams that went up were head and shoulders above everyone.

With then out of the way it will be a lot easier for top spot.

Ofcourse, you could be referring to the fact we will have a far weaker squad and therefore it will be harder.

I'd expect Oldham and Chesterfield to be up there.
Just one point, do we have a far weaker squad? The nucleus are still under contract.

Once the embargo is lifted we will move to add goals to the squad, of course some players like Bridge and Hobbo will leave but that's natural as we are a non-league side. If they can be replaced we will be a stronger squad

That's true Sutton Utd won this division on a modest budget were not fancied to do so plus Barrow went up too which surprised many
The Sutton promotion was a 10-year build up from all but a park team, a smart budget, as you say, a smart management team headed by Paul Doswell, and latterly Matt Gray, and augmented by a very lucrative FA Cup run. Remember Wayne Shaw and his pie?

The Sutton promotion was a 10-year build up from all but a park team, a smart budget, as you say, a smart management team headed by Paul Doswell, and latterly Matt Gray, and augmented by a very lucrative FA Cup run. Remember Wayne Shaw and his pie?
I remember that lol.He got in trouble for eating the pie as there was betting involved.I have a lot of respect for how Sutton have built themselves up

The roly-poly goalie ! That was hilarious.

Back