• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League team of the week

I think team of the week is picked on stats rather than passing the eye test. So for centre backs they’ll probably be looking at blocks, interceptions, headers won, tackles etc.

Our defence made the Wrexham attack, arguably the best in the league, look average at best. Well done Ollie, although it should be a full SUFC back three in the TOTW :Smile:

That is bizarre. Kensdale played his part, but anyone who saw the game had to have mooney as the man of the match, even if he faded in the second half. He was the spark.
Hobson and lopata had better games then ollie....

As an aside, Interestingly i overhead some guy saying he was a premier league scout there to watch the game, im sure its a regular occurence but i did honestly wonder who he could be looking at feom the vanarama league to join a prem side!

I think team of the week is picked on stats rather than passing the eye test. So for centre backs they’ll probably be looking at blocks, interceptions, headers won, tackles etc.
Indeed. Which is why John Still says there's no substitute for scouting players live.

Those picks (from our game) are just mental aren’t they?! Noor and Cav bossed the midfield and Kacper and Hobbo were the stand out center halves yet not one make the side.

Our defence limit a team to two blocked weak shots off target in a whole game, and none of our defenders get in. Lopata probably makes the game look too easy in this league. So he gets overlooked.

I reckon the organisers of this can only put one player per team max in these, hence the headliner would be the striker who scored twice?

Sometimes stats lie, but the defence this season has been outstanding, and the stats back this up. One of them should be in every week.

AND this has been done with our No.1 goalkeeper unavailable and KM picking either a 19 year old or a loanee 21 year old; both with minimal experience. Brilliant stuff.

that team of the week is crap, sorry,why dont they just pick the proper best xi ,not only one from ateam .If 3 deserved to be in it pick 3 .

Not putting down Colin but if he didnt have a shot to save i think that goes down to the defence and midfielders. Yes its good for his confidence and for the team .But honestly !!!

Back