• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NEEDED!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ April 06 2006,17:01)]Actually, I've got a ticket for this one.
Listen fool...why dont you just f%&k off back to your dead cat eating family and get a life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ April 06 2006,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ April 04 2006,13:09)]After a hugh confusion with some mates I have found myself without a ticket for the Bristol City game. I am truely gutted by this by the fact that I have been to 75% of the games this season (25% was due to unforseen circumstances) and I am going to miss the party at the end! But more importantly I am going to miss cheering the Goat off into pastures new!

So I come to you the great people of ShrimperZone for help. Has anyone got a spare ticket for the game? Please PM me or reply below if you did.

Whoever is my saviour will be held in high esteem forever in my eyes and will always havea place in my heart!

So please, I beg you my fellow Shrimpers, do not deny me the chance to grace Roots Hall for a final time this season!
Are you the bloke on the back page of tonights Echo?
no mate. but i need to take pointers from him. what an idea! gutted i didn't think of it first!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ April 06 2006,19:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ April 06 2006,17:01)]Actually, I've got a ticket for this one.
Listen fool...why dont you just f%&k off back to your dead cat eating family and get a life.
He is running rings around the likes of you.... whatever Jonny is, he is no fool!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ April 06 2006,19:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ April 06 2006,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ April 04 2006,13:09)]After a hugh confusion with some mates I have found myself without a ticket for the Bristol City game. I am truely gutted by this by the fact that I have been to 75% of the games this season (25% was due to unforseen circumstances) and I am going to miss the party at the end! But more importantly I am going to miss cheering the Goat off into pastures new!

So I come to you the great people of ShrimperZone for help. Has anyone got a spare ticket for the game? Please PM me or reply below if you did.

Whoever is my saviour will be held in high esteem forever in my eyes and will always havea place in my heart!

So please, I beg you my fellow Shrimpers, do not deny me the chance to grace Roots Hall for a final time this season!
Are you the bloke on the back page of tonights Echo?
no mate. but i need to take pointers from him. what an idea! gutted i didn't think of it first!
I'm not so sure it was right of Southend to allocate so many tickets to Man City fans. I think in the end they had about 250 official tickets but as much as another 250 have tickets in other parts of the ground. I don't think Southend could have done much to avoid this situation apart from put a true limit on the amount of tickets sold to Man City fans and only sell to Southend fans already on the Southend database.

We now have the situation where genuine Southend fans will miss out on this match and their seat taken by a Man City fan.
Now I know there was quite a bit of warning that this match would sell out and prehaps it's their fault if they miss out, but I feel a bit sorry for them.

On the other hand I know quite a few Shrimpers were in the Orient home areas last season and indeed at Gillingham and Col******r this season, but at least it was to see our own team and apart from the Col Utd game we were not denying a home fan a ticket. (maybe it could be said that of the Col Utd game as well i suppose!!).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ April 07 2006,01:25)]...genuine Southend fans will miss out on this match and their seat taken by a Man City fan.
I dis-agree i'm afraid.

Don't get me wrong, i have sympathy with an Shrimper who didn't get a ticket for Bristol City. But unless you're a season ticket holder, nobodies seat is secure, especially when attendances are going through the roof.

I'm afraid it's a simple case of get a ticket quicker. And like you said, there were enough warnings.

Man City fans have as much right to buy a ticket to a Southend game as anybody else.

I'm with James.

If you want to argue about who deserves at ticket.... I had a season ticket for 10 years, but living in Cambridge its now not worth it - i cannot however buy my old seat for this game as someone has got there before me! Does this person deserve the seat more becuase he was more organised and bought it earlier or the fact I have sat there longer?
He could be a Southend fan that has been to every game this season, I haven't! He could be a West Ham fan who wants to come along and see our Promotion party (hopefully!), he could be a Man City fan to see Goater off, he could be a total neautral who wants to see a bit of quality footy!
I don't think we can say who deserves a ticket more. In all honesty did any of us really think if there was potential for a promotion party at the hall, the first in man yyears with us playing the best most exciting footy in years that it wasnt going to seel out?
are you mental?

although i do feel sorry for those without tickets
good luck in finding one
and i do recall the ticket office appearing with some on the actual day which helps combat touts and gives those comitted enough to turn up on the day a chance

good luck in getting a ticket mate!

No sympathy to be honest. People knew they would go like hot cakes and did feck all about it!

I can see what everyone is saying here and I ain't one to be making a fuss over it. I have been to most home games this season but that does not give me th right to automatically get a ticket. It was due to a terrible mix up that I don't have one.

I for one support the City fans coming down. I think it is a great idea. As I have posted on one of their message boards.

Its a just a stupid thing that has happened and hopefully I can get a ticket. If I don't I wil be extremely gutted but hey sh!t happens! I will just keep OS company on here!
biggrin.gif

Have you contacted Bristol City? Pose as a Bristol fan living in Southend and try to order a ticket. I can't remember any club selling the full Away allocation (Brentford and Forest came close IIRC) and you may just get lucky.

Of course you'll have to mute all celebrations for Southends sake, but could end up being your only option...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ April 07 2006,10:21)]I can see what everyone is saying here and I ain't one to be making a fuss over it. I have been to most home games this season but that does not give me th right to automatically get a ticket. It was due to a terrible mix up that I don't have one.

I for one support the City fans coming down. I think it is a great idea. As I have posted on one of their message boards.

Its a just a stupid thing that has happened and hopefully I can get a ticket. If I don't I wil be extremely gutted but hey sh!t happens! I will just keep OS company on here!
biggrin.gif
OS has got a ticket...

oops.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 07 2006,10:28)]Have you contacted Bristol City? Pose as a Bristol fan living in Southend and try to order a ticket. I can't remember any club selling the full Away allocation (Brentford and Forest came close IIRC) and you may just get lucky.

Of course you'll have to mute all celebrations for Southends sake, but could end up being your only option...
Yes I have cheers mate and that is kind of my last resort. There is a couple of weeks to go yet so fingers crossed somethign comes up. Like someone posted the chances are more spare tickets will be avaliable closer to the game due to someone may (and if they are I would feel so sorry for them) ill etc. So its a just a case of fingers crossed and waiting.

Thanks to everyone who has wished me luck and given me ideas!

Steve

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 07 2006,10:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ April 07 2006,10:21)]I can see what everyone is saying here and I ain't one to be making a fuss over it. I have been to most home games this season but that does not give me th right to automatically get a ticket. It was due to a terrible mix up that I don't have one.

biggrin.gif
OS has got a ticket...

oops.gif

sad.gif
Really? Oh well. I wil just talk to myself then. Knew supporting Southend would eventually send me over the edge!

biggrin.gif

Have you considered entering the Echo's Mascot competition. All you need to do is enter the name of your son, daughter, younger brother/sister, nephew, neice whatever, and the prize includes East stand seats for their guardians. Slim chance but you never know.

Closing date is 12th I think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fred @ April 07 2006,10:38)]Have you considered entering the Echo's Mascot competition.  All you need to do is enter the name of your son, daughter, younger brother/sister, nephew, neice whatever, and the prize includes East stand seats for their guardians.  Slim chance but you never know.

Closing date is 12th I think.
Or alternatively try a cunning disguise as a Bluebelle.
tounge.gif

I got a better idea .... SUFCFARAWAY, why cannot you buy a ticket for Bristol City's away end, just pretend to be a City fans living in Essex, its only way to get into Root-Hall for this match, let hope for a clean sheet and a win for us
laugh.gif

How about joining the rest of the nippers that jump over the back of the West Stand wall? Easily done and you wouldnt have to worry about a seat.

There are normally tons of people that stand up the back of the stand throughout the 90 mins.

Could be a possibility if you dont get a ticket?

Apply for a job as security - they'll bound to need a few more to stop everyone running on the pitch....

Good luck

Good luck, shame your mates buggered it up for you! If any of my mates drop then I will be in touch.

Cheers everyone. Some great ideas there. Think a quick shave of the legs, a wig and a touch of make up and i would make a great blue belle!

And in regards to doing security, don't think Southend would appreciate one of their stewards chanting 'stand up if you love Southend!'!

biggrin.gif

Thanks again everyone who is supporting me in this quest!

Back