• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Network Rail privatisation 'on the table'

TOC franchises are generally for about 5 years. They milk the tax payer, pay their dividends out out to shareholders and invest the minimum back into their service. Is it any wonder that they won't buy any new trains?

I have to agree that the C2C line is a really good example of one that has improved out of all recognition from when it was the 'misery line'. Would it have become what it is now in public ownership? we shall never know. Greater Anglia, on the other hand, is a total disgrace, old carriages and major disruptions. With the introduction of London Southend Airport's station, you would have thought that the Franchise would have seen a major opportunity to improve services.

Hmm, have to disagree with you here. I commute to Ipswich and I'd be lying if I said more than 20% of delays were attributable to Greater Anglia. Most of my delays are due to the inconsiderate lemmings or flooding/points/overhead wires/signal issues (all of which are managed by the government owned joke, Network Rail)

Hmm, have to disagree with you here. I commute to Ipswich and I'd be lying if I said more than 20% of delays were attributable to Greater Anglia. Most of my delays are due to the inconsiderate lemmings or flooding/points/overhead wires/signal issues (all of which are managed by the government owned joke, Network Rail)

You really are a selfish knob end. Mentally ill people who take their own life have other things on their mind other than you getting to and from work.

You really are a selfish knob end. Mentally ill people who take their own life have other things on their mind other than you getting to and from work.

cry me a river you sap.

Why burden others? There are many ways to top yourself and throwing yourself onto a train line is about as selfish as you can get as you've inconvenienced so many.... How many people miss airplanes, job interviews etc?

You really are a derranged tosser

What is it that you are disagreeing on? I was using the service through to Southend as an example. I don't have a clue on Ipswich based services.

cry me a river you sap.

Why burden others? There are many ways to top yourself and throwing yourself onto a train line is about as selfish as you can get as you've inconvenienced so many.... How many people miss airplanes, job interviews etc?

You really are a derranged tosser

** deleted because you are not worth the effort **

Don't assume the reason they give is the truth. There's been a couple of times that I have complained to MK Shrimper about the reason for my train delays, only to find they've made it up, and the actual cause was nothing to do with what we were told.

I can't remember the actual instances, but I remember one of them was when the TOC were blaming "lineside equipment", i.e. the delay was caused by NR, but the reality was something different.

I'm sure MK will be able to corroborate this: the reason behind delays is very political.

What is it that you are disagreeing on? I was using the service through to Southend as an example. I don't have a clue on Ipswich based services.

Last time I checked, Greater Anglia covered more lines than just Southend to London.....? You stated "Greater Anglia, on the other hand, is a total disgrace, old carriages and major disruptions." and I disagreed with that comment.

You need to be sure you attribute the "delays" to the right culprit. Anything "line" related belongs to Network Rail and is governemnt owned.

FWIW, I also use trains to Southend on this line from time to time and don't consider them to be that terrible.

Don't assume the reason they give is the truth. There's been a couple of times that I have complained to MK Shrimper about the reason for my train delays, only to find they've made it up, and the actual cause was nothing to do with what we were told.

I can't remember the actual instances, but I remember one of them was when the TOC were blaming lineside equipment, i.e. the delay was caused by NR, but the reality was something different.

I'm sure MK will be able to corroborate this: the reason behind delays is very political.

I need to see hard evidence of this as frankly I take MK's word with a massive pinch of salt.

Seems credible (and logical) that most of the issues would be down to Network Rail since they are responsible for most of the things that "could" go wrong. The lines, the signal boxes, lineside equipment, the rails/tracks and even for scheduling freight trains to go through during rush hour and break down.

The only thing GA are responsible for is the trains, the stations and the staff.

I need to see hard evidence of this as frankly I take MK's word with a massive pinch of salt.

Seems credible (and logical) that most of the issues would be down to Network Rail since they are responsible for most of the things that "could" go wrong. The lines, the signal boxes, lineside equipment, the rails/tracks and even for scheduling freight trains to go through during rush hour and break down.

The only thing GA are responsible for is the trains, the stations and the staff.

Your ignorance is astounding. It really is.

I'm sure MK can't give hard evidence without the risk of losing his job.

Last time I checked, Greater Anglia covered more lines than just Southend to London.....? You stated "Greater Anglia, on the other hand, is a total disgrace, old carriages and major disruptions." and I disagreed with that comment.

You need to be sure you attribute the "delays" to the right culprit. Anything "line" related belongs to Network Rail and is governemnt owned.

FWIW, I also use trains to Southend on this line from time to time and don't consider them to be that terrible.

Maybe the difference between your opinion and mine is that I don't try to be aggressive each time I post. Or is that only reserved for those who's political opinions you don't share?

I thought I was ***Deleted***?

So give me an instance of what the problem has really been when the issue is "signal" related?

Equipment fails - I'm not saying it doesn't - some of it is over 50 years old. However, the political spin that TOCs tell their customers while they're waiting for a delayed train isn't always the truth as their is no one in Ipswich station from NR who would say, "Er, hang on....your driver was late (for example)", or your timetable planners wanted to fill the timetable to beyond capacity by making up their own sectional running times that cannot be met.

Google that if you like, plenty of enthuiast websites will fill you in on what an SRT is.

Maybe the difference between your opinion and mine is that I don't try to be aggressive each time I post. Or is that only reserved for those who's political opinions you don't share?

Sorry, where have I been aggressive? (other than with those that call me a knob end)

Equipment fails - I'm not saying it doesn't - some of it is over 50 years old. However, the political spin that TOCs tell their customers while they're waiting for a delayed train isn't always the truth as their is no one in Ipswich station from NR who would say, "Er, hang on....your driver was late (for example)", or your timetable planners wanted to fill the timetable to beyond capacity by making up their own sectional running times that cannot be met.

Google that if you like, plenty of enthuiast websites will fill you in on what an SRT is.

Well, that's a fair comment and makes sense.

Still far from convinced that nationalizing the rail is the way forward for the country.

Back