• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New announcer?

Is the new announcer fresh from 4am slot in southend hospital radio?

• yes, go back to playing status quo tunes

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • no, and I think applelover is really mean!!!!

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters
OMG Peter Holmes is the new announcer! I met him way back in the mid 90's. Seemed like a nice bloke then especially to a snotty nosed twerp like me back then.

I say give him time. He will come good.

I thought he was clear and precise with a bit of humour..and no mention of the Smammers..

Considering he was on BBC Essex a few years ago, you would think he was pro every Essex team, but he really enjoyed mocking Col Ewe for getting a stuffing at half time!!

Peter Holmes is great! He was also responsible for promoting SZ numerous times at MTBD, who knows, perhaps he even joined up!

Not entirely sure about the poll title and options, I guess I'm voting "no"?!

Sounded like he was trying a bit too hard to me, but it could just be a first game thing. The bloke deserves a chance, especially if he really is doing it for nothing.

I thought he was clear and precise with a bit of humour..and no mention of the Smammers..

Considering he was on BBC Essex a few years ago, you would think he was pro every Essex team, but he really enjoyed mocking Col Ewe for getting a stuffing at half time!!

You were taught to speak proper at WHSB.
Eschewed the family firm Holmes Bros opposite Leigh library to go into broadcasting. A good athlete in his day, Victor Ludorum at the Brown sports at WHSB way back when IIRR. He was very good at the MTBD I thought.

Peter Holmes is okay. He used to be on Essex Radio(as it was then). it used to be the Holmes and McCoy show, remember.

Apart from his confusion of Col Utd when he called the Colchester City, he added a bit of humour in the proceedings.

I do think we need some other half time entertainment, other than the Bluebells, nice as it is to stare at some cute asses for ten minutes. Someone suggested a penalty shoot out between rival fans. Dont know how feasible it is, but would be a laugh to watch.

Back