• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Chat Room

The new chat room launched this morning, please log-in and have a play. Any problems getting in, please post them in here and we'll try to solve them.

Can you please email IT at Notwork Rail and ask them to lower their firewall please?

Can you please email IT at Notwork Rail and ask them to lower their firewall please?

Xmas in 2013 they said they could do it when the firewall is quiet. But dont worry a replacement bus service will be available to carry the data across while the firewall is unavailable. They expect the service to be up and running by the rush hour tho...

;)

Been trying a few times and getting the message "Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes."

Not sure if that's my firewall or the chat room....

chances are the chat room has been setup to communicate on a non standard port, so anyone behind a corporate firewall will probably have trouble. It is always best to try to leave the connection on port 80 as all firewalls will allow this.

chances are the chat room has been setup to communicate on a non standard port, so anyone behind a corporate firewall will probably have trouble. It is always best to try to leave the connection on port 80 as all firewalls will allow this.

Good stuff Bob, we'll see if we can use Port 80.

no swear filter on it

It does, we just haven't got round to thwarting you yet.

Been trying a few times and getting the message "Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes."

Not sure if that's my firewall or the chat room....

Right, not that I doubted it but... Bob C was bang on with his Port 80 statement. We've already purchased a module which deals with this automatically for users behind strict corporate firewalls but, for some reason, it isn't available on our control panel. I'll chase it up with the provider and then people should be able to log-on from anywhere.

so anyone behind a corporate firewall will probably have trouble.

I guess this subtle bit was missed by you.

Can you provide the configuration of your corporate firewall so we can see why it works for you but not others??

You are a cheeky sod aren't you! I only posted so i may have been of help. I thought feedback may have been useful. I won't bother in future.

No, i can't provide my corporate firewall configuration. :finger:

Last edited:
Chat Room

I can not enter the new Chat Room. :(

I get this

This forum uses AddonChat Chat Software.

To use this chat room, you will need to Download Java.

On checking on the Java site, I checked that I have the latest version of Java and it confirmed that I have it already installed.

Verified Java Version

Congratulations!

You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 7).

So, has anyone else any ideas what may be wrong?

Thanks for the info Bob,

I am using Internet Explorer with Windows XP.

After writing my post above last night, I checked the Java help pages and came across the page in your link. This did NOT show the Dancing Duke, although the website confirmed after scanning I had the latest Version 6 Update 7 loaded.

So I checked the addon's in IE and had various Java items enabled and disabled. I then checked which Java runtime programmes were loaded on the my Laptop, found loads of Java runtime programmes from Sun Microsystems Inc, with various other versions and updates from Java versions 2.5 to 6.

So I have now deleted all Java versions and updates through add/remove programmes, and now reinstalled Java runtime Version 6 Update 7.

This has left only the following addon's in IE from Sun Microsystems Inc :-

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 ActiveX Control ssv.dll enabled
Web browser Applet Control ActiveX Control ssv.dll enabled
Sun Java Console Browser Extension ssv.dll enabled

Rechecked the Java page in your link and can now see the Dancing Duke.

Rechecked the Chat Room and it is now loading up and I can enter.

Not quite sure what my problem was, but it appeared the latest Version 6 Update 7 was either corrupted, or having conflicts with previous versions that were loaded.

Anyway all OK now, and it was a worthwhile exercise to clear the older versions of Java from the system.

Guys.....the new chat room is a nightmare.....you can not read a thing because of the background.....we are having to highlight all the text each time just to be able to read it

Back