• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One of the Zone posters used to provide a system for recording MoMs, player ratings, I think it was called Fanthesis. Said poster has now toddled off to the States and no longer participates on the Zone. I have no idea how it worked, but if anyone out there knows of it and is willing to resurrect it then let us know on here.

I had a little poke around for Fanthesis and it was a Facebook/Twitter sponsored thing. Nothing appears to have happened since 2013 so I reckon it died. Anyone aware of anything similar that we could incorporate?

I had a little poke around for Fanthesis and it was a Facebook/Twitter sponsored thing. Nothing appears to have happened since 2013 so I reckon it died. Anyone aware of anything similar that we could incorporate?
We can create an SZ equivalent averaging out player ratings from all posters to have an overview.

Can trial it for the first few weeks of the season and see how it goes.

We can create an SZ equivalent averaging out player ratings from all posters to have an overview.

Can trial it for the first few weeks of the season and see how it goes.

That sounds impressive. I'm presuming the 'we' means you as I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I'll happily make the coffee though.:smiles:

I tend to read more than post but, I do enjoy the predication league that is run so well.
I really enjoy this site and is a great place to catch up on both the club and all various topics.
On the plus side - I have made many friends through the site too

Taking up the point though, we have made a point of bringing younger guys into the Mod side of these forums.

Like most of our Mods and all our members they have their normal lives to get on with, we have to remember this is an aside to that and just our love off SUFC that rides us all to visit these forums.

So as I have always said these are your forums, we just try to cover the costs of keeping them so and make some form of normality for you all.

Responses are welcome from all, but we are particularly interested in the seldom posters views. The good thing about this thread is that it’s free to participate in, so, because it’s free, what’s stopping you?

Up the Blues.

I read Shrimper Zone most days but never post - as others have said it is a great way to keep informed of what's going on in the club, and I never look at the club website or social media. I manage about one game a season (almost always away, Walsall and Portsmouth this year) and even managed a trip to Roots Hall this year (Rotherham), the last time before that was so long ago I can't remember when it was. I love the memory lane posts and links to You Tube videos I wouldn't otherwise see. I generally don't post because I have little to add to what is already on here.

I used to post daily a few years back but then went away for a long stint abroad and never really came back to the zone, i now find myself checking in for match reports if i couldn't make it to the game, and maybe every couple of days for any news or updates.
I've tried to put my finger on exactly why I don't interact more and have struggled to say exactly but a couple of points which came to me are, and I mean this as no slight on anyone, but personally I don't enjoy the "greatest starting XI with Blue eyes" style threads which seem popular, it seems to me there is less and less relevant information/news being posted about the club and more people whiling away time. And secondly the same threads seem to be on the front page of shrimpers chithat for a long time, so for someone "popping in" it feels a bit stale when the same threads are there each day, I'll often open the page, see the same thread titles (ie worst pitch ever) and close the page.

I do however really value the site, and have been visiting regularly for several years and will continue to do so, it is still the best source for SUFC updates, and the best fan site i've seen on the web! Keep up the good work and hope my comments can help in the constructive way they are intended :smile:

Back