• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News New Group Statement Issued 12/07/23

Ron must be laughing his head off at how weak our supporters group are as will Blackpool, Oldham and others who didn't sit back and watch their clubs rot, only putting out p1ss poor statements which are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

lets stop with these statements, organise proper protests and publicity and put some heat on this man because we are walking into a coffin at this rate.

Thanks for the statement folks, appreciate your combined efforts as always.

I would be interested to know if the supporters groups have thought about backing mass boycotts or protests, or whether they think either would cause more harm than good.

I would be interested to know if the supporters groups have thought about backing mass boycotts or protests, or whether they think either would cause more harm than good.
Personally I think it is time a mass protest was arranged.

Ron must be laughing his head off at how weak our supporters group are as will Blackpool, Oldham and others who didn't sit back and watch their clubs rot, only putting out p1ss poor statements which are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

lets stop with these statements, organise proper protests and publicity and put some heat on this man because we are walking into a coffin at this rate.
go on then.

This is the right time, with so many questions unanswered.

I think he’s saying “go on then, organise it”
I am close to the protest group, and will keep everyone updated on the next steps but rest assured will be backing, promoting and supporting any protests to get rid of this man from our club once and for all.

I was also in court today, and will be in 42 days and I suggest we all try and hardest to attend, making it as difficult and uncomfortable for this cretin as we can.

Will it work?. "I would rather regret something I had done than something I hadn't bothered to at least try".

My personal opinion is that there is now appetite for protest for many (could be wrong) and I would back one. The problem i personally have it would need to be a unified protest to be successful.

I think the supporters groups are largely on the same page with most things and whist disagree on things it’s always respectful conversation.

I don’t understand the covering of face stuff with the protest group. It makes it seem like they are doing something wrong, which I don’t think they are. Maybe I’m naive on that point but think that puts some people off and and don’t see the mileage of having separate protests.

I think there should be jointly organised protests, ideas on the table as to what might be a good tactic involving supporters group and the protest group.

Demonstration... for what exactly?
We tried this before and I don't remember it being a massive success.
Demonstrate for Ron to sell now? Are the buyers actually ready to take over? Do they have funds?

Demonstrate for Ron to sell now? Are the buyers actually ready to take over? Do they have funds?
It's been stated many times that Kimura have the funds ready to go. Whether their offer is unreasonable or whether Ronald is being unreasonable is another question (that I think likely answers itself).

The demonstration will be used amongst other things to get more publicity, putting heat on the Martins (he hates any adverse publicity) and you never know may spring up a new investor.

I have tried to call Talksport on two occasions recently but didn't get on.

Surely if a representative from the trust phoned in they would get a better response from Jim White and Simon Jordan who have a serious audience?.

Scott Peters bless him got on the other month as a head of so the trust surely can give it a go.

Not a massive success ? It brought Collymore back, he in turn got us a new manager, assistants and a new CEO, then Ron agreed to sell the club. I'd say that's progress

Perhaps he wouldn't be so stubborn with the offers, if more pressure was put on him to sell quickly ?

Not a massive success ? It brought Collymore back, he in turn got us a new manager, assistants and a new CEO, then Ron agreed to sell the club. I'd say that's progress

Perhaps he wouldn't be so stubborn with the offers, if more pressure was put on him to sell quickly ?
Roger that.

and yet, here we are.... maybe the latter wouldve happened anyway as the club has been heading into an abyss for a few years now... but with all that 'success', we are still with uncle Ron at the helm

and yet, here we are.... maybe the latter wouldve happened anyway as the club has been heading into an abyss for a few years now... but with all that 'success', we are still with uncle Ron at the helm
So what’s your plan then? Does it involve sitting and waiting and occasionally tutting when things don’t go well? Out of doing “something” rather than “nothing” which one more likely to generate any sort of awareness in the media and subsequently pressure on Ron?

So what’s your plan then? Does it involve sitting and waiting and occasionally tutting when things don’t go well? Out of doing “something” rather than “nothing” which one more likely to generate any sort of awareness in the media and subsequently pressure on Ron?
and this is where we end up. the squabbling.... i'm no leader in this. I have an opinion. Jeez, i dont even live local anymore, so unlikely i'll be manning the barricades. There are far more media savvy people on here to galvanise the factions... but maybe, just a little too late. I might have missed our 'spiritual leader' getting involved recently, but I know he was on the initial zoom calls. Would be interested to see his opinions right now. FWIY, i think its all a little too late now. I hope its not... time will tell

The protest should have been to not purchase any STs to financially force Ron to the table . Unfortunately some people were more worried about not having their usual seats in a season that might never happen now.
Shows how divided the fan base is and will anything now make any difference

Back