• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News New Group Statement Issued 12/07/23

Can anyone at the Trust reveal what sanctions were discussed with the NL in your meeting the other day with the NL and Anna Firth?

@jphfitz @OldBlueLady @Shrimperstrust
All sanctions were discussed. The most likely at this current stage ( if any penalty is applied) will be removal from national league in my opinion.

I don’t believe points deduction or bonds to be likely based on that conversation.

It comes down if they believe what Ron or not though…. I don’t think they do.

There needs to be more clarity from the trust here, what sanctions have been discussed with the national league and what timeframe has been discussed?

Quite simply is there a chance of being out of the National league tomorrow?

There needs to be more clarity from the trust here, what sanctions have been discussed with the national league and what timeframe has been discussed?

Quite simply is there a chance of being out of the National league tomorrow?
I’m hoping the above helps this?

All sanctions were discussed. The most likely at this current stage ( if any penalty is applied) will be removal from national league in my opinion.

I don’t believe points deduction or bonds to be likely based on that conversation.

To be honest, cant blame them if they have no faith or belief in him?.

And what do you think on timing - at tomorrows meeting, or one last extension of deadline to say a few days/ a week before start of season?

And was number of bidders discussed - presumably they'll be aware of any 'fit & proper' applications.

Also there is a requirement for them to be notified of any changes of ownership - although I think the rules say this can before, or I think, upto a week after change of ownership - so this might not be relevent

@jphfitz have the trust discussed and explored with the council or Anna if there is a way to put a compulsory purchase order on Roots hall or Fossetts? I’m not sure it’s even possible, but just wondering if that’s an avenue that may be possible I’m not sure even if we could would we have the time in which to enact it. But even if it stopped Martin building the housing on Roots hall if we are removed from the league hits him significantly as much as he has hurt us.

@jphfitz have the trust discussed and explored with the council or Anna if there is a way to put a compulsory purchase order on Roots hall or Fossetts? I’m not sure it’s even possible, but just wondering if that’s an avenue that may be possible I’m not sure even if we could would we have the time in which to enact it. But even if it stopped Martin building the housing on Roots hall if we are removed from the league hits him significantly as much as he has hurt us.
Hi, it has been discussed. Anna has been a great asset in opening doors and challenging the council (regardless of the reasons for that and my personal politics) I don’t know that she could have done much more for us.

The council on the other hand, whilst they have spoken to us they have a vested interest in the developments which seems to create some barriers here. I haven’t been close to these discussions but my understanding is that it not an option for us but then the situation has moved forward so who knows, may be it’s something to revisit now - will raise tonight.

If the club goes bust I wouldn't have thought that the building of the new stadium would be enforced. The council hasn't been much help in the past as regards building a new stadium and their only concern would be building new homes. Ron Martin would just need to sit tight for a few years until the council feels the heat is off and then silently remove any objection.

Back