• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Lower League Blog

sufc_dave

Manager
Fellow Southend fans, I've decided to start up a new blog about the lower leagues, involving the Championship and below. (Yes I was a little worried as to if the Championship counts as a 'lower league').

It's more for my own amusement rather than anything, but I wondered what you all thought and if anyone had any constructive criticism about the writing style.

The website is:

www.thelowerleagues.blogspot.com (soon it will be changing to simply www.thelowerleagues.com)

Let me know what you think, and if you would like to 'follow' the blog you can at the end of the page and it would be greatly appreciated.

As to the template, I know it's not great but it's very early days!

No criticism really but i'm no expert. In my opinion i found the section on the JPT more readable than the rest (not just the SUFC part) - because you clearly know a lot about it & were not afraid to make it more unique than your comments on Forest etc.
Like that you were not afraid to give a prediction.
If i could add a suggestion it would be to go for something that no one else writes about ie Do Doncaster Rovers have a trainee lawyer in ther ranks ? & possibly try & get interviews with players etc . All easier said than done I know but you may want to start with SUFC & see where you get.
By the way is it a daily blog? & can no brains like me comment on it?

Thanks mate, some good points there.

Pretty much going to be daily, I have exams coming up so there may be a few days where there's no content. You can comment, think you have to click on the post's title and then there should be a comment box under the post.

I'm sure you'll evolve as you go - must take up a fair bit of time. Also have you thought of going even lower as it were - ie Conf North/South/Isthmian? - some of these clubs have some interesting info/players & fans

Back