• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New pet for Christmas ? So which SUFC player will you name it after ?

CC51DAS

President
Just coming to terms with our first Christmas without our much loved springer, Benji - (named after the great man himself )- who died last May ( a few days after the Southampton match ) aged 16 .

No plans to get another yet , but made me wonder if I did who would I name him after this time ? My brother-in -law already has another springer called Freddy .One of my mates has one dog called Charlie and had another called Mac ( also now sadly passed on ).

Anyone know of any others or has any ideas ? - remember it is for life not just till the next transfer window !

If its a pitbull that jumps up and growls at anyone it meets it would have to be called Macca...

I have a rabbit named Frank (after Moussa). Two goldfish named after non SUFC players on the other hand: The goldfish that is a nippy wee lad is called Zizou (after zidane), with the slow lazy fish named Leboeuf (after the slow and useless former chelsea defender) :D

A friend of mine had a tortoise which she called Phil Chisnall (the tortoise was quicker:D ), the poor creature managed to hang itself in some wire netting.:cry:

I had 2 cats called Foster & Pringle after the Essex bowlers. I think Bailey would make a good name for a dog; chasing around all over the place. If you're looking for a look-alike it would have to be called Marky or Gower; always runs with his tongue hanging out for concentration!

Canveyshrimper you and I are clearly of the same era.
My offering would be to suggest that any whippet would be proud to be named Billy (as per yes,yes Billy is the Best,Billy Best,Billy Best)

I had 2 cats called Foster & Pringle after the Essex bowlers. I think Bailey would make a good name for a dog; chasing around all over the place. If you're looking for a look-alike it would have to be called Marky or Gower; always runs with his tongue hanging out for concentration!

My dog is called Bailey :)

A friend of mine had a tortoise which she called Phil Chisnall (the tortoise was quicker:D ), the poor creature managed to hang itself in some wire netting.:cry:

:hilarious: :cry: :hilarious: At least he got closer to the net than La la la la la used to :rolleyes:

Blimey! Did that poor pup have a really short life, or was it named Mac after someone else?

Good point - by an amazing co-incidence he already had the dogs before we signed Charlie Mac - BUT he does live in Kent - closet Ebbfleet fan maybe ?

If i had a slow tubby ginger tom .....I would call it Harrold

TUBBY ? poor Matt - now he 's overweight !!!

My dog is called Bailey :)

Best one so far methinx - will give that some serious thought - suspect the dog will bark alot though :eek:

Back