• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing incoming...

Ron Martin said:
we are now in negotiations with four further players at this moment

So Akinola to replace Humprhys is an open secret and then my guess is Grant Smith to replace Oxley (free transfer to return up North); Shilow Tracey to replace Miles Mitchell-Nelson (loan) and ???

So Akinola to replace Humprhys is an open secret and then my guess is Grant Smith to replace Oxley (free transfer to return up North); Shilow Tracey to replace Miles Mitchell-Nelson (loan) and ???
There was talk of us having an interest in the Weymouth midfielder, their captain? Jake McCarthy?

I’ve heard a CB might be one

The key for this season is to build from the back. A strong defence means less goals conceded and clean sheets builds confidence. It only takes one goal to win a game, we don't need hatfuls of goals we just need to stop the avalanche of goals in our own net. Add some steel in midfield, i.e. McCormack and we might be able to stay in games and keep it tight.

As much as I would like to see beautiful one touch football I would happily sacrifice it for average football if it means survival.

The key for this season is to build from the back. A strong defence means less goals conceded and clean sheets builds confidence. It only takes one goal to win a game, we don't need hatfuls of goals we just need to stop the avalanche of goals in our own net. Add some steel in midfield, i.e. McCormack and we might be able to stay in games and keep it tight.

As much as I would like to see beautiful one touch football I would happily sacrifice it for average football if it means survival.

What would help the defence most is someone who can hold the ball up and relieve the pressure.

Without a targetman we need to play one touch football otherwise the ball is coming straight back.

Everything seemed to suggest that if we were to make four additional signings then they would be McCarthy, Akinola, Tracey and Smith. So if McCormack and a centre half are actually two of them, then who do they replace in the original probabilities I wonder?

Everything seemed to suggest that if we were to make four additional signings then they would be McCarthy, Akinola, Tracey and Smith. So if McCormack and a centre half are actually two of them, then who do they replace in the original probabilities I wonder?

as much as I'd love it, cant see McCarthy being one now. We'd have to pay a fee youd assume and he'd be mental to come here lol

Back