• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium name?

Fossetts Farm needs to feature somewhere in the name, I think Roots Hall will probably be immortalised somewhere within the ground - maybe home supporters' bar or something? Or maybe the retail park area could be Fossetts Farm Retail Park and allow the stadium to be Roots Hall 2 or Shrimperzdome (which was pretty inspired)?

I still like 'The Ron Martin Memorial Stadium'.

Has Ron died?

Personally, I think Irate Ian should add this to his agenda for this evening, if it's not already on there. Full disclosure of the sponsor's ownership structure, Mem & Arts, copies of passports and utility bills should also be provided at the very least.

Blue Camp should be the name. Classic.

As long as it's not got a sponsorship name like 'The KitKat Arena' or whatever.

How about just...

The Hall.

i like unusual names like ...
sunderland's Stadium of Light
swansea's Liberty Stadium

I think you will find that Liberty Properties Plc do infact sponsor the name of Swansea's new ground. It might be an unusual name but it is still a sponsored Stadium. Stadium of Light is an o.k. name but not unique is it.

The new hall sounds good, I pretty sure it will be the SPONSORS arena though, but if they pay lots of cash that is then used to build a decent side then all good

...the builders of the stadium? Just a thought...

Apparently the construction company who built the emirates have the job!:goodun:
Shareholder gossip I must admit!

If so;

1 Do we have an affiliation building with the Arsenal as we also seem to have a few of their youth players now on our books?:omygod:

2 Is David Dein going to be putting his money into our club?

Apparently the construction company who built the emirates have the job!:goodun:

If so;

1 Do we have an affiliation building with the Arsenal as we also seem to have a few of their youth players now on our books?:omygod:

they are also the same people who built the main stadium for the oz olympics so on your thinking harold from neighbours might be on his way

Recent sponsors it would be The Insure And Go Stadium or (what I think is brilliant) The Betterview Stadium!!! (Sure those currently stuck behind the Roots Hall pillars won't disagree!)

Think it is a good move to sell the name, to me it will always be Fossetts Farm as The Emirates Stadium remains Ashburton Grove to many Arsenal fans I know.

PS: I've known about news for pushing six hours now and I'm still absolutely, child at Christmas like, bloody delighted! What a great day this is for Southend United Football Club.

what about something to frighten the opposition like welcome to Hell.

Then How About The Pierpoint Stadium (named after our World Famous landmark and sounding like England's most prolific executioner).

We could have the Guillotine Stand, The Hangman's Arms as the Bar and as the visting team comes on to the park, they would be led by a chaplain, whilst a booming 'Dead Man Walking' comes over the PA.

Then How About The Pierpoint Stadium (named after our World Famous landmark and sounding like England's most prolific executioner).

We could have the Guillotine Stand, The Hangman's Arms as the Bar and as the visting team comes on to the park, they would be led by a chaplain, whilst a booming 'Dead Man Walking' comes over the PA.

I like where your going with those names.

we could have the undertaker from WWE instead of some eurovision entry as our pre match entertainment. he could read out the oppo's team sheet as they enter the pitch.

If so;

Didn't we use the same architects?

Back