• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Welly7

Coach
Hi

I've just finished writing a book about the historic 1990/91 season. I've been working on it for almost two years and thoroughly enjoyed doing it. Other than the official VHS video for it, there is little else in terms of recognition for what was a truly memorable campaign and it deserves some! It brought back so, so many memories from what remains my favourite season since I began supporting Southend in 1981.

'Who put the ball in the bury net..?' tells the full story of how Blues won promotion to the old Second Division with match reports, quotes, stats and some pictures that came from The Echo archive. Paul Clark has also very kindly wrote the foreword for it.

It is available to buy via myself or by the following link :

http://www.lulu.com/shop/mark-welli...ction_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[]

I hope that it stirs up as many happy memories for Southend fans as it did for me while I was writing it!

Up the Blues!

Well done mate, I know how time consuming and exhausting it can be, but also know the tremendous enjoyment and sense of acheivement. I loved the resaerch and the writing hated the marketing.

Best of luck.

DoDtS

It's the modern world mate.

a_560x375.jpg

I'm sure my boy (dbailey3), will be ordering me a copy for Father's Day. Surely our greatest day ever. I was there at Gigg Lane with many good friends and family; and just 3 days before I joined the Army! The best memories for everyone who followed the Blues during that period.

3 copies just ordered to be delivered in Florida. 1 for me and 2 for my Southend Supporting Boss and his Dad. Very much looking forward to reliving the greatest day I have had watching Southend - and yes that does include the Chelsea, Man Utd matches etc

3 copies just ordered to be delivered in Florida. 1 for me and 2 for my Southend Supporting Boss and his Dad. Very much looking forward to reliving the greatest day I have had watching Southend - and yes that does include the Chelsea, Man Utd matches etc

Thanks...hope it brings back some happy memories!

Just had a look through the fixtures of that season, funny seeing the teams there, Swansea/Reading/Wigan/Birmingham/Stoke. All teams that have been in the Premiership or thereabouts since.

I still remember the Swansea game was the only home game I missed that year due to a friends 21st birthday at Tots.

Back