• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Well done to http://www.thelittlegazette.com for revealing that Darren Blewitt, our triallist from West Ham, has been released.

Looks like we'll need some cover at centre back, then...

They also reveal that Mark Bentley will be banned for the first three games of next season, having picked up his 15th booking in this season.  Is that right?  According to Bentley's page on soccerbase, Beno only (well, I say "only" in its widest sense!) picked up 14 yellows this season to go alongside his red card.

Having served suspensions already for the red, and for having reached 10 yellows, then that should be it, shouldn't it?  He hasn't reached 15 yellows and therefore won't be suspended...
is that not right?

rock.gif

I bloomin' hope that that's the case, at any rate; if anyone can shed any light on this, that would be helpful.

As a final note for TLG, I didn't think Lawrie's celebrations at the Millennium Stadium were that muted.  He seemed to me as if he was a bit stunned, and that he was trying to take it all in.  I really hope he'll be here next season, that's for sure.

smile.gif

Matt

Did he not get booked at the Mil Stad on Saturday, making it 15 in total?..

sad.gif

By my calculations, Benno returned from his second suspension of the season for the Yeovil game, for which he was a sub. After that, there were four further matches - Grimsby, the two Northampton play-off semis and the play-off final, making a total of five matches. To reach 15 bookings, he would therefore have had to be booked in all five of those games. As far as I remember, he was booked in both play-off semis and the final but I can't remember him being booked against Yeovil or Grimsby. So I reckon either 13 or 14 bookings for the season.

Also, do bookings get carried over to the following season anyway? I know red cards do because Jamie Stuart was suspended for the first three matches of the 03/04 campaign, having been sent off for Bury in the previous season's play-offs, but is that also the case for bookings?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 03 2005,16:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 03 2005,16:12)]hardly scooped, it was in the Echo last night!

laugh.gif
Well, they've still managed to scoop the Zone, Naps...

rock.gif

down.gif
scope? you plank!

I would have thought one of the many readers of the Echo would have posted it.

laugh.gif

hopefully Jay will be fit for the big kickoff!

I did wonder if Bentley might pick up another suspension as I recall him getting booked in all 3 playoff games, 3 games seems a bit harsh though. He must be the first player for few years to have ended up with more bookings then Captain Kev.

In terms of the Bentley booking there may have been a little bit of a blunder there on my part. I will check for sure and then make a final post on the website.

As for the Blewitt story, getting information from the Echo is our only source. I check with Chris before using information but then write my own story.

The Lawrie Dudfield view was obviosuly my own opinion. Matt, like yourself I hope that Lawrie stays as a I think he is a fantastic player. We'll try and get all the summer news up on TLG ASAP!

Thanks for reading
Matt

By my reckoning Bentley picked up 14 yellows and a red (including an impressive six in his last eight matches) and therefore will NOT start the season with a 3 match ban.

So this "scoop" comprises some incorrect information and something out of yesterday's Echo !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ June 03 2005,18:58)]something out of yesterday's Echo !!
That still hasn't appeared anywhere on the internet meaning that if someone doen't have access to the echo they can get it online!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 03 2005,16:17)]
Well, they've still managed to scoop the Zone, Naps...

rock.gif
down.gif
So when can we expect you to write articles on a regular basis?
rock.gif

Seems only Leeboy is doing this followed by fbm.
down.gif

biggrin.gif

I would also like to add that we have offered a wider range of articles other than just news from the echo over the season. However over the summer it is incredibly hard as we have no material of our own to add to the site.
Despite this TLG have done a fans article that included thoughts of fans of other teams, this is something that nobody else has done! In addition we have fan profiles (email me if u want to be added (MattDonohue1988@hotmail.com)) and opinions of the promotion and the season (Donohue's View and Donohue's Marks). We also have a stats section on all things Southend United.
It's not all about the scoops!

Matt

Back