• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next Manager in?

Simple. Would love Next manager to be........?

• Mark Bentley

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • A Nother

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Stan Collymore

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Steve Tilson

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Neil Smith

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Darren Currie

Votes: 100 34.1%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Mark Stimson

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Uwe Rosler

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Sean O'Driscoll

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Graham Westley

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Neil Harris

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bart Griemink

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Would be happy with Currie or Smith as they definitely fit the bill and know the league. My heart says bring back King Kev with Tilly as assistant, but as Stan pointed out previously, you can’t let emotion come into it. The best man gets the job regardless of who they are. Also wouldn’t say no to Coughlan as he knows this club inside out and I reckon he’d do a great job.

I’m fairly happy with that final list considering the likes of Bond of Campbell we’ve previously employed.

The best man for the job is the person all 4 agree on. I didn't really have a preferred option, although if push come to shove I'd have probably said Currie. If Maher has done best in the interview process then I'd be delighted for him. He should never have been allowed to leave the club in the first place. He's wanted the managers job here for a good few years now as well.

For once this isn't just a case of who's the biggest name / knows Harry Redknapp. This is a full competency based interview which should highlight the standout candidate

The best man for the job is the person all 4 agree on. I didn't really have a preferred option, although if push come to shove I'd have probably said Currie. If Maher has done best in the interview process then I'd be delighted for him. He should never have been allowed to leave the club in the first place. He's wanted the managers job here for a good few years now as well.

For once this isn't just a case of who's the biggest name / knows Harry Redknapp. This is a full competency based interview which should highlight the standout candidate
1) If we get a Manager from the scrap heap who still gets employed based on a promotion a decade ago: Meh, he's old and crap. We need a young manager.

2) If we go for a young manager: He's not experienced enough. We should adopt a new structure within the club like modern clubs do.

3) If we go for a new structure: BOOOO, where is the experience?! We need someone who is experienced at this level and done it before.

4) See number 1.

1) If we get a Manager from the scrap heap who still gets employed based on a promotion a decade ago: Meh, he's old and crap. We need a young manager.

2) If we go for a young manager: He's not experienced enough. We should adopt a new structure within the club like modern clubs do.

3) If we go for a new structure: BOOOO, where is the experience?! We need someone who is experienced at this level and done it before.

4) See number 1.
He was not a front runner for the job- must of impressed in the interview

Not sure on Maher!! He didn't pull up any trees managing the under 23s! Was a good solid player for us but if we talking about bringing back club legends then tilson gets the nod over maher all day long! This would be an underwhelming appointment and there are better managers out there and available! If appointed!! Prove me wrong kev!!.

Why wouldn't he be? He's still part of their coaching staff until things are finalised with SUFC.
Was he given permission to talk to us after we asked yesterday? If it was close he wouldn’t be there…. Saturdays game will more than likely be Demi in charge

Was he given permission to talk to us after we asked yesterday? If it was close he wouldn’t be there…. Saturdays game will more than likely be Demi in charge
How do you know that the request was responded to yesterday? What if Bristol Rovers came back today and said "we agree in principle but please hold off until tomorrow because we have an important league match tonight and don't want preparations disturbed or players distracted"?

Back