• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News NEXT MEETING

The prizes for the blues lottery have gone down this season. No seats in the directors box this year and tell the PA bloke to stop saying to collect them after the game.

Can you ask why the T'Pau concert planned for Roots Hall back in 1987 never happened please? Massive Carole Decker fan and still gutted TBH. Cheers.

The price of the hospitality packages has gone up over the last few seasons and in my opinion the quality has gone down.
I booked the Blues Lounge recently as I do every season and was disappointed on a number of counts.

I replied politely to the feedback email making what I felt were valid and constructive comments about the drop in quality. Guess what, no reply.

Is this just a reflection of what's been going on generally - staff not being paid, players not interested, no money so corners being cut ?

Would be interested to hear a response from the Club.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same experience (unfortunately), and was seriously umimpressed.

I had exactly the same experience (unfortunately), and was seriously umimpressed.

Amongst other things, the match I attended, not a single player came into the room that I saw. In previous years players not in the match squad or injured have come in to chat with supporters before the match and at least one player has come in after the match to present prizes etc.
Ultimate penny pinching was no souvenir gift which is clearly supposed to be part of the deal. A club pen or key ring etc is a nice gesture for guests. This time, nothing.

I suppose there is now a question of the EFL announcement today.

Just for once, some clear precise information from the club about the direction we are moving instead of being blinkered by rumors and misleading news.

Can you ask them why any of us should bother coming to games when the club have clearly given up on the rest of the season and decided to mug us all off?

Can we have a refund on season tickets ,seeing that the club has conceded relegation after 26 games and football is now secondary to Ron's survival

Good meeting tonight.

Things you may be interested in

Racism.

The "racist abuse" aimed at Elvis was handled on the day. It turns out it came from a youth football team who were trying some sort of Bouvumu chant that was misinterpreted. The club have dealt with it and there is no further action merited.

The alleged racist gestures made at Tranmere turned out not to be racist at all (he was calling one of us a fat *******). Merseyside police have completed their investigation.

If you see or hear racist abuse at grounds tell a steward or use the Kick It Out App. It is quite difficult to prove a case as CCTV cannot pick up audio and it becomes one word against another.

Kit.

Long discussion about the kit. Ron chooses the kit and had chosen next year's, but a complication has set us back to the drawing board. We are significantly limited by what we can afford and where we sit in the pecking order. I'd expect the kit reveal to be later summer, as per.

Roots Hall

Issues re toilets and the lack of running were brought up. The view is that there is a problem with the water supply.

We had a long discussion about the possibility of moving home fans into the North Bank. There are significant blockers to this due to safety, road management and segregation issues. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Season Tickets

It's safe to say that the cost will be less than this year if we go down. I'd expect something from the club by the end of February.

SUFC are not aware of any L1 club offering a refund due to the Bury game. They did however offer season tickets holders a free ticket for Oxford. The terms and conditions are clear in this respect.

We'll meet again at the end of April.

Roots Hall

Issues re toilets and the lack of running were brought up. The view is that there is a problem with the water supply.

Thanks for the update @Lord Football,

Is there any likelyhood that the club could recycle the rain water that leaks through the West stand entry roof when it rains? That could solve the water supply problem at a stroke.

Cheaper season tickets sounds good, just hope it’s a good £50 knocked off for league two football:Thumbs up:

As per every meeting, stadium update and where are the weekly blues bulletins we were promised especially the one that was going to cover all the ins and out of the work to date on stadium lol
thanks for the quick update. Any luck with this?

Kit.

Long discussion about the kit. Ron chooses the kit and had chosen next year's, but a complication has set us back to the drawing board. We are significantly limited by what we can afford and where we sit in the pecking order. I'd expect the kit reveal to be later summer, as per.

If this is an indication of the current state of play .....we really are sinking fast

Back