• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
The only good points about next season both games are a good away day trip. Lets see every man and his dog there.:winking::smile:

I remember a cracking 4-1 win away at Cambridge - with Peter Butler curling a lovely ball in from the edge of the penalty area.

(Well, I think I remember it - it's all a bit of a blur now-a-days ..........)

I can't remember any good trips to Luton but I do remember a F.A. Cup thrashing at Roots Hall when Luton were top of Division 3 with a record of (something like) played 10 and won 10. :'(

Does soften the blow to have two more southern teams, looking forward to Cambridge games again, does Dion Dublin still play for them?

Cambridge away 2005 we had almost 3000 there in a crowd of 6000. Goals from our 2 legendary centre backs Prior and Barrett gave us a comfortable win. Decent away end at Cambridge been wasted on non-League clubs. Look foward to visiting there next season.
As for Luton can't recall us winning there plus its a real dump.

I went to the first ever game at Cambridge 44 years ago in October , King Billy Best scored 2 and Phil Chisnall scored 1 .It was one of the few games that the worst ever Southend goalkeeper Brian Lloyd did not let a goal in .

I went to the first ever game at Cambridge 44 years ago in October , King Billy Best scored 2 and Phil Chisnall scored 1 .It was one of the few games that the worst ever Southend goalkeeper Brian Lloyd did not let a goal in .
Have mentioned this before but we were the first team to win at Cambridge when they entered the league in 1970 by 3-0 and also the last team to win there in 2005 by 2-0 before they went back into non-league.

There is a nice few away games next season that are fairly local.A nice long trip is nice sometimes but nice to mix it up with local trips as well

Went to Cambridge with Dave Smith's Blue, white and red army, many years ago (80's?), won 3-2 and drowned out the tv interviewer with our celebrations....happy days indeed :happy:

Went to Cambridge with Dave Smith's Blue, white and red army, many years ago (80's?), won 3-2 and drowned out the tv interviewer with our celebrations....happy days indeed :happy:
Thats when we had to stand in the rain when there was an empty covered terrace , and Dave Smith told us that it was bang out of order . He also said in the next Southend programe that he had met us and wrote what great supporters Southend had .

Cambridge away 2005 we had almost 3000 there in a crowd of 6000. Goals from our 2 legendary centre backs Prior and Barrett gave us a comfortable win. Decent away end at Cambridge been wasted on non-League clubs. Look foward to visiting there next season.
As for Luton can't recall us winning there plus its a real dump.
It was easter monday I seem to recall. Remember it like it was yesterday. Still got some footage on my phone , I think.

Good memories of Cambridge away. Remember winning there on Boxing Day once or twice, and beating them near the end of the 04/05 season. Not so fond memories of Luton away, particularly Matt Harold's penalty miss and the abuse he got, but you can always have a fun game of 'spot the white face' when you go there. Also the ground with the least leg room in the world.

cambridge,great city,crap ground&fans....luton(like watford),s//t town,ground&fans, the only town i know of,that after the gulf war,british leyland,wanted to fly the BRITISH union flag,as thanks to OUR armed forces,but did not do it ,because of opposition from a few "local" citizens!!! hope luton go back out of the league,asp, and please take those wan!!rs,sorry, i mean watford with you

i think that was oct,1976,if so that was(have written before),the game when i run onto the pich,when parker got our 3rd..it was on anglia tv,the next day,love to get a dvd of the game,great game ,great day and had hair

i think that was oct,1976,if so that was(have written before),the game when i run onto the pich,when parker got our 3rd..it was on anglia tv,the next day,love to get a dvd of the game,great game ,great day and had hair

And as mentioned above - the interview with Dave Smith was drowned out by our support. The interview ended "thank you Dave Smith and the Southend supporters".
Was a memorable day, lots of stories including my first hiding and the loss of a scarf in Newmarket road.

Memorable day!

Back