• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL 2015 Season

I generally download most of the games and watch them the evening after. Can pretty much grab any game played that way, but of course its not live.

Try to grab a few on Sky on a Sunday evening too.

The compressed games option is great. It trims out everything other than the plays so you have 40 minutes of action. Obviously it is much better to watch a game live but it is a great way of watching a couple of other games during the week. I re-watched most of the season over the summer :sad:

I don't have a TV subscription any more (I'm online streaming only) so I can't record the overnight matches but they go up on gamepass next day so I'd be able to watch those if I wanted to. I also like having the option to watch the Giants every week rather than just the couple of times they'll be the live Sunday game.

I think I've talked myself into this....

Horses for courses really. I think it is a good option, but the amount I already chuck at Sky each month is plenty. Ideally I'd see the Bears a few more times each season, but I'm happy enough with the games I do get to see.

Really looking forward to the season!

I've used NFL Game Pass for the last couple of years. Wouldn't be without it. That way, I get to watch all my team's games instead of just the games that Sky choose to show.

I was in hospital last week and got to spend my convalescing days having a massive binge of preseason games. It was great! :)

It's annoying that the Sunday games on Sky are blacked out for a time (including the playoffs) which forces me into either Likely Lads mode or trying to find other ways. I have a friend who has Sky Sports, so we get together as often as we can. So whichever way the game can be shown, we can see it.

Who's your team Sooty?
I am not Sooty, I am just a humble cultist...

I'm a Steelers fan. Have been since the (Sooty help me) days when Bubby Brister was the starting QB. The QB situation has got a lot better since then. :D

I feel my Terrible Towel did magnificent work at Wembley back in May, alongside the yellow scarves.

Got my Seahawks vs Bears tickets earlier. $260 for the top tier up in the Gods.... And people moan about £24 to see Southend.

Ouch. Cost me about £110 for my daughter and I for the Wembley game in August. That is the lower tier though. My other tickets upstairs were better value.

Where did you get them from in the end?

Last edited:
Got my Seahawks vs Bears tickets earlier. $260 for the top tier up in the Gods.... And people moan about £24 to see Southend.

But you will be seeing the Bears. Cheap at twice the price I'd say :smile:

I'm most envious - enjoy!

That's awesome. It'd be good to hear how the 'legendary' noise at CenturyLink Field stacks up against big UK football games.

Right, so who follows who? Good to know so we can give each other stick as and when our teams suffer miserable defeats. I know a few already, if I have missed you out, apologies - please add to the list!

Uncle Leo - Chicago Bears
Yorkshire Blue - Cincinnati Bengals
Beefy - New York Giants
Steveo - Buffalo Bills
Cultist of Sooty - Pittsburgh Steelers
Rusty Shackleford - Washington Redskins

Green Bay Packers. Although Im as plastic a fan as you can imagine there is.

Was looking at the game pass last night, really good service, but so pricey finding it hard to justify.

Beefy - New York Giants
Steveo - Buffalo Bills
Jam Man - Green Bay Packers
Pubey - Seattle Seahawks

Seahawks (glory hunter)

I suppose a lot of UK NFL fans are, especially those without any connections to places in the USA.

A Bears/Dolphins/49ers fan probably got heavily in to the sport in the mid-80s (guilty as charged). Plenty of Bills fans from their early 90s heyday. The Patriots are certainly far better supported since the start of the Brady/Belichick era than before.

Plenty of exceptions of course but put it this way - you don't see too many Kansas City Chiefs jerseys at Wembley each autumn.

I suppose a lot of UK NFL fans are, especially those without any connections to places in the USA.

A Bears/Dolphins/49ers fan probably got heavily in to the sport in the mid-80s (guilty as charged). Plenty of Bills fans from their early 90s heyday. The Patriots are certainly far better supported since the start of the Brady/Belichick era than before.

Plenty of exceptions of course but put it this way - you don't see too many Kansas City Chiefs jerseys at Wembley each autumn.

Yeah I've liked them since before they became big because I've always been a bit fascinated by Seattle (I like grunge) and I don't have a connection to a place in the US. Throw in Lynch, Sherman, LoB and the 12s and it's a good combination to turn someone from a neutral to having a team to root for and focus on their games (I don't have the time to watch much NFL but try to catch the Seahawks if they're convenient).

I'm sure if I went to the states to see an NFL game (or a college game) I'd switch to that. As I kid I loved Shaq/Orlando Magic, but since watching the Knicks a few years ago I follow them (not really a support). Sadly they're ****.

I'm sure if I went to the states to see an NFL game (or a college game) I'd switch to that. As I kid I loved Shaq/Orlando Magic, but since watching the Knicks a few years ago I follow them (not really a support). Sadly they're ****.

Loads of people liked the Magic back in the day - Shaq, the funky pinstripe unis, cool logo, family holidays in Florida, all made for a good mix.

I had a cracking Orlando Magic cap but lost it when getting paralytic down the beach celebrating the end of my GCSEs :smile: :sad:

My Bungles' ability to flop on prime time even extends to pre-season!

I reckon we should still make it to the play-offs and am tempted to even consider having a little flutter on the Super Bowl with a view to laying it off later in the year.

With Geno Atkins a season back after his ACL, we should be a top 10 defence. Dalton's not the QB to carry a team but the game plan will be far more about Jeremy Hill running it (with Gio Barnard as a change of pace), mixed in with Hue Jackson's inventive playbook and one of the top WRs in the NFL in AJ Green to keep rush defences honest. Add in a fit again Tyler Eifert at TE as another attacking difference maker (Marvin Jones is also back at WR) and that seems like one of the more balanced teams in the NFL.

The main concern is depth for when the inevitable injuries strike which is where last season went wrong. Defensive line (so strong there's a decent chance we'll go with 10) and CB (four 1st round picks) look pretty deep and the offensive line should be augmented in the second half of the season when the first and second round picks get over their injuries, but we basically only have 4 receivers (3 WRs and 1 TE) and those backing up Burfict, AJ Hawk and Maualauga at Linebacker are either unproven (3rd round pick PJ Dawson and last year's 6th rounder Marquis Flowers) look more like Special Teams (Rey and Di Manche if he makes it) or role players (Lamur, Carter), which is a particular worry with Burfict's fitness being a big question mark there.

Best case scenario: The key players (Dalton, Green, Eifert, Hill, Atkins) stay fit and Dalton gets hot in the play-offs

Worst case scenario: Atkins doesn't return to pre-ACL form so fails to create holes for the pass-rushers, Burfict spends all season on PUP/IR and we can't stop the run, meaning we have to rely on Dalton's arm to win games and Green and Eifert are dinged up all season

Beefy - New York Giants
Steveo - Buffalo Bills
Pubey - Seattle Seahawks
BB - Miami Dolphins (80's Glory Hunter)

Been a Raiders fan a 8 and 8 record would be bloody brilliant at the moment,but the future does look bright with Carr,crabtree and cooper with Mack on defense is the making of a young hungry roster.

Beefy - New York Giants
Steveo - Buffalo Bills
Pubey - Seattle Seahawks
BB - Miami Dolphins (80's Glory Hunter)
steve54 - Oakland Raiders

Decent spread across the league so far then!

Back