• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL in London

1986/87 Chicago Bears & Cubs?

Well its not going to be Chicago Cubs, they haven't won anything in baseball for 100 years, the curse of the goat and all that bull****.

Don't think their other team, the Black Soxs have won anything other than 2 seasons ago, since they threw the world series.

The Boston Celtics should have a good season in the NBA as well, so it could be a great time to be a sports fans in Massachusetts.....

Didnt they also have an NBA game in the dome thing?

Plus Ice Hockey.....not at the same time tho obviously.

First the fast food, now the exercise.....

Sounds good to me, unless its some sort of trick question like saying the Mets play in New Jersey. Florida/Tampa Bay in 2003?

Oakland/San Fran in 1989?

In 1989 Oakland As beat neighbours San Fran Giants in the World Series, whilst the 49ers somehow beat my Cincinnati Bengals. The following season Cincinnati get their revenge when the Reds beat Oakland, whilst the 49ers won again.

Is Candlestick Park actually in Oakland, or do Oakland actually play in San Francisco?

So, here's a question for you: prior to 2004/05, when Boston held both, when was the last time that the same city had Superbowl Champions and World Series Champions?

Matt

Please don't bring up the ****ing Red Sox, the wound is still too fresh. :cry:

And how about your OT defeat at home to Green Bay last night Seth ;)

Sorry mate, I may deserve some red for that :D

I should give you neg rep for that, but instead I'm going to go cry into a pillow. :cry:

What a horrible past few days for Denver sports...

Please don't bring up the ****ing Red Sox, the wound is still too fresh. :cry:

You have my sympathies. I was gutted the Red Sox even got to the final. An Indians v Rockies final would have been fantastic as it would have forced ESPN to show a game that didn't involve a team from NY/Boston/Chicago.

funnily enough this came up at the game on sunday - one of the guys i was watching with is a Steelers fan and he seemed to think it was pIttsburgh in the 70's

funnily enough this came up at the game on sunday - one of the guys i was watching with is a Steelers fan and he seemed to think it was pIttsburgh in the 70's

I think you're right, the Steelers were dominant in the late 70's and I think the Pirates won the World Series in either '78 or '79.

The Giants luck will surely run out in the SuperBowl though. Not seen the game from last night yet but was gladenned to see the 23-20 OT (2 missed 4th quarter field goals :eek:) result first thing this morning! :p

Interestingly they hinted last night at the NFL will return to the UK on a regular basis and might play at either Murrayfield or the MillStad if Wembley is deemed as not an option after the criticism of the way the pitch cut up!

The Giants luck will surely run out in the SuperBowl though. Not seen the game from last night yet but was gladenned to see the 23-20 OT (2 missed 4th quarter field goals :eek:) result first thing this morning! :p

Interestingly they hinted last night at the NFL will return to the UK on a regular basis and might play at either Murrayfield or the MillStad if Wembley is deemed as not an option after the criticism of the way the pitch cut up!

I should think the Pats will be something like 12pt favourites for the game. Really can't see the Giants stopping them. Watched it until half-time and was surprised this morning to find the Giants had come back. Fair play to them though.

Good that the MD of NFL UK gave us a few clues on Sky last night about next year's game - the home team will be one of Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Seattle or New Orleans and it will be an inter-conference match up.

The Millennium Stadium having a roof is a big plus for them. For purely selfish reasons I'd of course like to see it back at Wembley, but Cardiff and Edinburgh both have a good shout.

Anyway, all to be confirmed the Friday before the Super Bowl...

Back