• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL

steveo1

Coach
Does anyone else watch it?
Tom bradymust be one of the top QB's of all time. No matter how hard he tries to mess it up, he always seems to come out on top.
Amazing game at San Diego Sunday.

Personally I'm glad to see New Orleans make it to the divisional playoff finals. I don't think anyone would begrudge them a Superbowl win.

They may get there but I think the two AFC teams left wil be too strong for them

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 15 2007,22:26)]Does anyone else watch it?
Tom bradymust be one of the top QB's of all time. No matter how hard he tries to mess it up, he always seems to come out on top.
Amazing game at San Diego Sunday.
It was a great game, but in my opinion it was more a matter of San Diego blowing it, rather than New England doing well to win it. That's the price of having Schottenheimer as your coach, though. Also, I believe the Brady gets way too much respect. He is great in crunch time, but I would never call him one of the best ever. I put him in the same class as Joe Montana and Phil Simms, a player that benefits from the system he is in. The best quarterbacks are those who clearly make their team better, players like John Elway, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, and Peyton Manning. I honestly feel that you could put someone else in Patriots system who is much less heralded, someone like David Carr or Jon Kitna, and that they would have similar success.

However, the sign of champions are teams that can play badly and win.

I thought all the divisional play offs were pretty good, and looking forward to next weekend, especially The Patriots @ The Colts, which could be a cracker!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 16 2007,07:22)]They may get there but I think the two AFC teams left wil be too strong for them
They might be a bit better, but i dont think it will be as one sided as everyone thinks it will be. The Colts defence is still pretty weak (although they have stepped up in the last few weeks) and if you can stop the patriots running the ball, their receivers arent so great.

I might be a tad biased as im a Bears fan, but i can see a Patriots vs Bears superbowl....

It would be good to see the Saints win, not from the point of view that the city deserves it after Katrina, but because they'd be the first team to win having lost 13 or more the previous season. You don't get that in the premier$hite because we don't have sensible rules to encourage competition like salary caps and drafts and instead we'd rather the rich get richer and the poor lag further behind.

The Pats v the Colts, Brady v Manning is arguably the real big game. The AFC is IMHO much stronger (the Superbowl champions finished only third in their division!), but I'm not completely sold on either team. The Colts defence has stepped up big time in the play-offs, but their offence seems to have faltered. If their defence can keep up that form (although that is far from certain) you've got to figure that Manning can't have that many bad games in a row, in which case I'm going for a Colts v Bears final. That would pit the best attack against the best defence which would be a fascinating clash, as you'd also have a pretty feeble attack against a pretty feeble defence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 16 2007,11:04)]It would be good to see the Saints win, not from the point of view that the city deserves it after Katrina, but because they'd be the first team to win having lost 13 or more the previous season.
No it wouldn't. I support the Bears.

I appreciate that all the neutrals will be cheering on the Saints though...

I don't really have an NFL team. I've always quite like the sport but only ever watched the Superbowl in recent years. This season I've watched a lot more, and most of the play off games, only missed the one wildcard match.

I used to like the Bears and Giants when I was a very young lad, but only because they were the ones I'd heard of!

However, over the last couple of weeks I've found myself getting behind the Colts. Most games I seem to get behind the underdog - must be a Southend thing!!

Look's like the NFL will be coming to England soon..

If reports are correct, Miami Dolphins will play New York Giants at the new Wembley Stadium in a one off league match, sometime this year...

Who's going then?..

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 16 2007,11:49)]Look's like the NFL will be coming to England soon..

If reports are correct, Miami Dolphins will play New York Giants at the new Wembley Stadium in a one off league match, sometime this year...

Who's going then?..

rock.gif
I'll definitely be going for tickets!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Who's going then?..
Probably will, but the teams playing are not definite yet. Potentially one could be the Bills - who I support - and it will count as their home match which means they will lose a game at Orchard Park.
Seems a bit unfair but apparently they are being considered becasue they didnt sell out 4 home games this season

me too. I would think they should get a full house too, could be pretty special

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 16 2007,11:49)]Look's like the NFL will be coming to England soon..

Who's going then?..

rock.gif
If I can get tickets, I will. That'll be fantastic
smile.gif

I didn't really like American football or understand it until someone lent me Madden'92 for the Megadrive about 15 years ago. I certainly like the way that no one team can dominate for years on end.

Thought the Seahawks were going to ruin everyone's day but they got edged out at the death. Then again, the attachment only comes from having been there a couple of times.

Now the Canucks picking up momentum is a different matter entirely....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didn't really like American football or understand it until someone lent me Madden'92 for the Megadrive about 15 years ago
Coincidentally when I had a megadrive and all the mags said Madden was the best game i had to try it. If you wanted to play you HAD to learn the rules and then the whole concept becomes more interesting.
The two default teams for that game were Dallas and Buffalo and as I always started as Buffalo that was the team I supported.
I aim to go and watcht them sometime but trying to convince the missus that upstate New York is a good holiday destination in the winter is not too easy. Best I managed so far is Bengals at Tennessee.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 17 2007,22:22)]I aim to go and watch them sometime but trying to convince the missus that upstate New York is a good holiday destination in the winter is not too easy. Best I managed so far is Bengals at Tennessee.
Just plan a trip down to Miami when the Bills play the Dolphins away, or maybe to NYC to see them take on the Jets. I'd imagine it would be easier to convince your wife to spend a week either shopping in the Big Apple or sunning yourselves on South Beach, rather than bathing in the mist of Niagara Falls in sub-zero temperatures!

Part of the experience for me though would be Rich Stadium and the weathe rthat goes with it.

Back