• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 17 2007,22:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didn't really like American football or understand it until someone lent me Madden'92 for the Megadrive about 15 years ago
Coincidentally when I had a megadrive and all the mags said Madden was the best game i had to try it. If you wanted to play you HAD to learn the rules and then the whole concept becomes more interesting.
The two default teams for that game were Dallas and Buffalo and as I always started as Buffalo that was the team I supported.
I aim to go and watcht them sometime but trying to convince the missus that upstate New York is a good holiday destination in the winter is not too easy. Best I managed so far is Bengals at Tennessee.
That was what got me into it as well! Thinking about getting something similar for my PSP but doubt it will be anywhere near as good!

I got Madden 07 for the Wii. Lot harder, you have to sort of get up and move around a bit.

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didn't really like American football or understand it until someone lent me Madden'92 for the Megadrive about 15 years ago
Coincidentally when I had a megadrive and all the mags said Madden was the best game i had to try it. If you wanted to play you HAD to learn the rules and then the whole concept becomes more interesting.
The two default teams for that game were Dallas and Buffalo and as I always started as Buffalo that was the team I supported.
I aim to go and watcht them sometime but trying to convince the missus that upstate New York is a good holiday destination in the winter is not too easy. Best I managed so far is Bengals at Tennessee.
Eh? She won't go upstate New York but doesn't mind Tennessee?

The Bengals - or after the way they blew the play-offs this season, the Bungles - are my team. I have an uncle who lives out that way and so got a lot of Bengals stuff for christmas over the years. I've been over to visit a couple of times in winter, but tickets have been out of my price range. I was over there last year at the time of the Steelers game and admittedly it was a big, big game but tickets were about $500. I might be interested in it, but I'm not _that_ interested.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]She won't go upstate New York but doesn't mind Tennessee?

We were on holiday in Florida at the time and me and the boy flew up to Nashville for the game, she stayed in FLA

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 18 2007,08:53)]
[b said:
[b said:
That was what got me into it as well! Thinking about getting something similar for my PSP but doubt it will be anywhere near as good!
oh I dunno, Madden 07 for the PSP has probably still got better graphics then Madden 92 plus these days it lets you play the whole league season and do the wheeling and dealing in close season.

There was a better NFL game around a couple of years ago called NFL2k5 made by Sega and also half the price of Madden. In response to this EA Sports decided to blow away the competition by signing a golden handcuffs deal with the NFL to produce the only licensed game. I wouldn't be surprised if the tried to the same with FIFA to ruin Konamis slice of the pie.

Go COLTS!!!

My team the Indianapolis Colts made it to the superbowl last night, with a 38-34 win over their rivals New England!

I thought they were dead and buried, but good old Peyton Manning done the business.

They will now play the Chicago Bears in Miami for the right to be Superbowl champions!

Go Colts!

Go COLTS!!!

My team the Indianapolis Colts made it to the superbowl last night, with a 38-34 win over their rivals New England!

I thought they were dead and buried, but good old Peyton Manning done the business.

They will now play the Chicago Bears in Miami for the right to be Superbowl champions!

Go Colts!

And I'm a Bears fan so I look forward to a good bit of banter between now and the Super Bowl... :cool:

If the 'good' Rex Grossman turns up we'll do it. If the 'bad' Rex turns up then we're gonna get spanked.

And I'm a Bears fan so I look forward to a good bit of banter between now and the Super Bowl... :cool:

If the 'good' Rex Grossman turns up we'll do it. If the 'bad' Rex turns up then we're gonna get spanked.

I can't work Rex out. One game the guy is a genius and capable of out gunning any other QB in the league, the next game, he looks like he can't throw a ball to save his life!!

If Rex can get into the game, use the twin back assault of Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones to grind down the Colts Offensive line, I can see the game being particularly good.

Awesome offence of Manning & Co versus the incredible defence of Urlacher & Co. I reckon the Bears could nick it if their offence steps up a tad, as I don't see this being as weak as the Colts defence and certainly not as poor as some of the press reports would leave you to believe!!

COOL!

I shall be wearing my Manning #18 NFL jersey on game day!

Yeah, i can't wait for the game.

I thought we were dead and buried against New England!

I backed the Colts when they lost a few games towards the end of the regular season to win the superbowl on betfair @ odds of 11.5.
Pretty good bet i thought!

Bring on the Bears!

Cant see past a Colts win meself. Booked Monday off so can watch it till the end this year.
Doubt if the game will be as good as the AFC champ game though

colts all the way... payton has finally proven himself as a big game player

Should be a good game, I'll be rooting for the Colts, simply because I have money on them!

Should be a good game, I'll be rooting for the Colts, simply because I have money on them!

And to be fair that's where the smart money is! I really hope Chicago win, but I'm not too hopeful.

Now, to crack open a beer and get stuck in to that big pack of Doritos....

As a seahawks fan i suppose i should really support our conference winners, but what the heck i've always had a soft spot for the Colts....... Gooooo Colts

Anyone managed to register for the tickets for the Dolphins/Giants game, it seems to throw a wobbly every time i try ?

What a game so far!!!

So many turn overs, fumbles and missed FG's.

It's so exciting, come on the Colts you can do it!!!

Prince is now singing during half time "Lets Go Crazy"

GO COLTS!!

Back