• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nic to sign?

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Received email from the club containing a link to an interview with Tilly that contained the following quote;

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A number of contract negotiations are taking place, however Steve is optimistic about bringing in players to fill various positions. Striker Tes Bramble, Jim Corbett and Michael Kightly have been released by the Blues so there are question marks as to who will fill their places in the squad. However Tilly emphasizes that there is ample time to sign players and he will not be rushed into signing anyone.

“It looks likes Nic Nicolau is signing, Che is almost done and Flavs has signed. So I feel we need to bring a wide player with a bit of pace. I have a shortlist ready for upfront and in wide areas so it is just a question of who wants to come and who we can get. But like I say I don’t want to bring someone for the sake of it. We are in a better position than this time last year and there is plenty of time we are in no rush. I want to bring in more quality so it will take time.”

So, it looks as though no one wants Nicolau then.

No mention of Jay or Duds...

suspect.gif

Good to see that him and Che have realised they no-one wants 'em so they better sign sharp-ish ...

oops.gif

Though I hate to quote rumours, a friend of mine, despite the fact he is a Shrewsbury supporter, is convinced that Sam Aiston is Roots Hall bound. His proposed move to Darlington seemingly broke down due to the length of contract offered but it is suggested the lure of Lg 1 football may have been the bigger problem. He was described to me as an incredibly talented and pacy left sided player that was once with Sunderland. I understand that he lacks a good cross and shot but maybe if the rumour is true then Tilly will work the oracle with him. Would negate the need for Nic and perhaps put Gower on the right.

Sam Aiston is quite a good player if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be that bad a signing. I also saw, on Sky Sports, about his Darlo move falling through. Could be something in it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ June 22 2005,15:09)]He was described to me as an incredibly talented and pacy left sided player that was once with Sunderland. I understand that he lacks a good cross and shot
Sounds like Steven Clark to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ June 22 2005,15:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ June 22 2005,15:09)]He was described to me as an incredibly talented and pacy left sided player that was once with Sunderland. I understand that he lacks a good cross and shot
Sounds like Steven Clark to me.
And Josh Low - but perhaps with a bit more talent
biggrin.gif

Still, Aiston would be a free transfer as he's a free agent. Shrewsbury didnt offer him a contract so he cant be that special?

Luke Rodgers is also a free agent having turned down the Shrews contract offer. Anyone know if he's fixed up with a club yet?

Oh - and Shrewsbury have announced season ticket sales on a par with last years 'record' sales - a princely 'nearly 450'
laugh.gif

Shrews release most of their squad...

There was talk of him going to Hibs, had they sold Derek Riordan.

As far as I know, he is still looking for a gig for next season. My only worry is that he didn't look as good as he once was last season and certainly didn't score as freely as he did in the past.

Gav

Hibs have changed their mind on Rodgers.

As for Aiston, a year or 2 ago we'd have loved him to come here I'm sure, although I suspect we can now do better. We want a pacey wide player, so surely Devaney and Bullock should be looked at straight away?

Oh, and another thing, how come the club still aren't advertising the game against Chelmsford. On that latest Blues News it says we begin our pre season against Millwall, but the Chelmsford game is 3 days earlier.  
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 22 2005,18:36)]Hibs have changed their mind on Rodgers.

As for Aiston, a year or 2 ago we'd have loved him to come here I'm sure, although I suspect we can now do better. We want a pacey wide player, so surely Devaney and Bullock should be looked at straight away?

Oh, and another thing, how come the club still aren't advertising the game against Chelmsford. On that latest Blues News it says we begin our pre season against Millwall, but the Chelmsford game is 3 days earlier.  
rock.gif
Its been confirmed on the official website today.

Looking forward to the Maldon Town match, one of my best mates should be on the bench for them with a bit of luck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 22 2005,18:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 22 2005,18:36)]Hibs have changed their mind on Rodgers.

rock.gif
Its been confirmed on the official website today.

Looking forward to the Maldon Town match, one of my best mates should be on the bench for them with a bit of luck.
Just noticed that after I posted. I haven't been bothering with the Official Site much recently because there's been bugger all new stuff to be put up there!

Where do Chelmsford play at? I quite fancy watching that one.

Back