• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky Bailey: Shouldn't really gloat but .....

Big Albert

Youth Team⭐
I've just had a look at the Championship league table. I wonder if Nicky Bailey is still as over the moon as he was in September over his dream move to Charlton? Still at least we can see him back at Roots Hall next season if we don't make the paly-offs. Unless of course he is offered another move which is also his life-long dream.

Sorry if I'm being sour

Got to admit, the same thoughts went through my mind yesterday when I saw the Championship table. I don't wish Nicky Bailey ill at all, but I would find it amusing to see Charlton down in League One. Don't ever remember them being down in the third tier...

I actually went to the Charlton VS Forest game yesterday, and i cant see them staying in the championship to be honest, there defence is dodgy, both goals came from mistakes by the defenders.

They constantly play the long ball to Deon Burton with no success, they just didnt have a plan B. Will be nice playing them next season

Got to admit, the same thoughts went through my mind yesterday when I saw the Championship table. I don't wish Nicky Bailey ill at all, but I would find it amusing to see Charlton down in League One. Don't ever remember them being down in the third tier...

They certainly were back in the late 60's/early 70's and it looks like they will be again.

That club has has a massive decline over the past few years and that's a fact.

no-one can deny bailey is a quality player, and probably doesn't deserve to be playing for a team at the bottom of the league, but..........
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
can't wait to see him back at the hall next season!!!

They certainly were back in the late 60's/early 70's and it looks like they will be again.

That club has has a massive decline over the past few years and that's a fact.

Just checked on wikipedia and 80/81 was their last season in the third tier. I wonder how we did in that particular season? :clap:

Slipperduke often points to Charlton/Curbishley whenever there is talk on here of us getting rid of Tilson. Don't know what you've got til it's gone and all that...

I'm torn on this one. I kind of want to see him do badly too, but equally if we do indeed have a tasty sell on clause if Charlton get promoted in the coming seasons, then I'd like the cash...

If Charlton go down I would find it highly amusing but I can't see Bailey back in L1.

He'll get another dream move to another Championship club, or maybe Fulham ??? (providing they stay up)

If Charlton go down I would find it highly amusing but I can't see Bailey back in L1.

He'll get another dream move to another Championship club, or maybe Fulham ??? (providing they stay up)

Fulham? Absolute stick-ons to still be in the Premier League next season.

I'd heard a rumour that if they lost Bullard then Bailey was there man to replace him - Just a rumour though.

Charlton are not a big club if we got to the Premier**** we would get 20000 plus crowds...

Last few years to keep there crowds above 15000 or they .. I read they pay for over 50 coaches from all over Kent free travel to the valley to get people from Kent to support them No wonder they lost 15million this year

I hope they go down Not only cos of Nick Bailey ( who I blame for stabbing Mr Tilson in the back ) they are a small South London club

Millwall are potentially a bigger club in my eyes

I would have thought it unlikely that Fulham would buy him, QPR seems a more likely destination to me.

I see Bailey didn't play yesterday, was he dropped or injured?

Anyway, it's healthy to gloat when a player does the dirty on us and it back fires on them. It serves them right.

I would have thought it unlikely that Fulham would buy him, QPR seems a more likely destination to me.

I see Bailey didn't play yesterday, was he dropped or injured?

Anyway, it's healthy to gloat when a player does the dirty on us and it back fires on them. It serves them right.

I believe Bailey was suspended yesterday.

Like Brad the Shrimper a few of us fancying game and beer went off to Fulham, decked out proudly in our Shrimper coats and scarves.
Found that was off so it was QPR for Fredy or Charlton for Bailey. Charlton looked a bit shaky at the back to say the least seeing Lloyd Sam again and the old Col ewe boss getting beat was a bonus.
Great ground but strange fans??? Their number 7 and mate of one of our group John Jo looks an interesting prospect for England at 17 years of age.
Might be worth agrab as they are so strapped for cash, he's also from Brentwood.
PS they don't seem to like Bailey that much too, he was also suspended for the game.

Last edited:
Although its good to see Bailey's team struggling at the bottem of the league and potentially coming down next season...

But for now we should all remember that they are still a league above us so gloating is out of the question untill they lay below us.

Charlton are not a big club if we got to the Premier**** we would get 20000 plus crowds...

Last few years to keep there crowds above 15000 or they .. I read they pay for over 50 coaches from all over Kent free travel to the valley to get people from Kent to support them No wonder they lost 15million this year

I hope they go down Not only cos of Nick Bailey ( who I blame for stabbing Mr Tilson in the back ) they are a small South London club

Millwall are potentially a bigger club in my eyes

I'm not sure on numbers but its a fiver to get to the ground from all over Kent and some parts of Essex too. The problem with it was that alot of the passengers gotoff the coaches, went staight passed the ground and went sopping or visited relatives.

gloating?

Well maybe i would like to gloat a little but to be honest the problems at Southend are more than just losing Bailey. If he were here this season with the current squad we have then we may or may not be a few points for the better but one thing is for sure we would not be in a play-off position. There are too many problems to point at one player and say he would have been all we needed to be a good side. A part of me says good luck to nick for having the oresight to chase his dreams and not be plunged into lg 1 mediocrity. I am sure neither he or us expected Charlton to be where they are and its unfortunate. I would stick my neck on the line and confidently predict Charlton will still be in the championship next season. Whether or not Bailey will still be at his 'dream team' i would not like to say.

Back