• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky Bailey treatment

Bailey treatmten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now Grant might get him sent off which would be far more rewarding to see.

I'd love to see him get sent off THEN I would abuse him, as long as he's on the pitch I wouldn't because he's probably score a screamer and then I'd feel a bit silly.

As we dont play Charlton until december, i'd be surprised if he's still there. Remember going to Port Vale to watch us in nov 05 when a certain Mr. Constantine was playing for them. He got the 'theres only 1 greedy bas**rd' treatment and then promptly scored for them. On that basis i will keep quiet if he plays against us and hope he pulls a hamstring after 20 mins.

As we dont play Charlton until december, i'd be surprised if he's still there. Remember going to Port Vale to watch us in nov 05 when a certain Mr. Constantine was playing for them. He got the 'theres only 1 greedy bas**rd' treatment and then promptly scored for them. On that basis i will keep quiet if he plays against us and hope he pulls a hamstring after 20 mins.

Closely followed by Michael Husbands IIRC.

I think it's likely that Bailey will have secured his dream move to West Brom/Birmingham/Shepshed Charterhouse before then.

Oh Nicky Bailey your a ginger **** Nicky Bailey.
.....................your a little runt Nicky Bailey.
youve got ginger pubes too.............rpt

Abuse definately.

Some players deserve the abuse for the way they leave a Club. Just look at two midfielders who left us in recent years. Mark Gower, wanted to play Championship football and went the right way about leaving. He will get a hero's welcome when he returns. Now, Bailey wanted to play Championship football and I don't deny him that because his easly Championship class, but it was the way he engineered the move which was disgusting. He will get plenty of abuse from me.

I imagine Bailey will be long gone before we play Charlton though, I'm guessing to WBA.

Just seen on wikipedia (So I don't know how true it is) that Bailey is now captain at Charlton.

Nicky Bailey, top player, wish he was still here.

He played well enough during his season here to earn a move to the CCC.

However, I would have no problem with him if he'd been honest throughout pre-season and not gone when there was no time for Tilly to replace him.

We ended up getting Jeff and Sawyer on loan for three months as replacement, and had our worst spell of the season when they weren't here because we had no midfielders (apart from an out of form Grant, and an unfit Macca).

For that, he cannot be forgiven. He would have been forgiven (by me at least) if he'd been a man and admitted early enough what he wanted so we had time to replace him.

SO...............................

7 months on after i first posed this question, and just one day before he returns to Roots Hall, how do you all feel? Still the same? Any changes in your attitude towards Bailey?

My dislike for him started waining the other day. I started remembering that he, in fact, was one of the best midfielders i've ever seen at Southend. And there's no doubting his commitment when playing here. Why did he have to be such a tosser about his move? Now i don't know whether to boo/abuse him or try and ignore him?

Did anyone see the football league preview show either last week or the week before? Tommy Mooney was in the studio. They were talking about Nicky Bailey, and he came out with a classic. He said that if you speak to any manager that has worked with him they'll tell you he's not as good as he thinks he is!

I was in stitches...

He will be booed. A few people will boo him and all the Southend Chavs will jump on the bandwagon and get involved.

Londonblue I like your story- i didnt see this but it is funny.

Ignore him, that will hack him off more, if you boo it gives him satisfaction especially if he scores, he'll love it, we made our point at Charlton.
At roots hall get behind our lads, they need it more

Back