• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky is out of here ...

I agree comparing Nicolau to Clark is ridiculous.

Comparing Nicolau to Jenkins is a far better comparison.

If Nicolau's face didn't fit he hardly made the effort to knuckle down sign a contract and prove everybody wrong did he ? Ron Martin is proving to be a very astute Chairman. I think everybody is concerned about the lack of signings but there is still enough time before the alarm bells need to start ringing.

I haven't had the opportunity to say this for a while but as long as Maher's the Captain of this team we'll be fine.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 11 2005,14:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 11 2005,14:33)]Too much time spent at Tantastic and not enough on his defending skills.
AHHHHHHHHHHh

He is a LEFT WINGER!

tounge.gif
He was signed to play left back! Tilly soon figured out he couldn't do the job there hence his transformation to a utility left sided player providing cover for the left back and left wing slots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 11 2005,14:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 11 2005,14:33)]Too much time spent at Tantastic and not enough on his defending skills.
AHHHHHHHHHHh

He is a LEFT WINGER!

tounge.gif
Yes, because our fans NEVER turn on our attacking players when they aren't defending enough, do they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,14:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 11 2005,14:25)]And as long as Flavs is in goal....

smile.gif
suspect.gif

upside.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

*resists the temptation to bite*
ahahaha

I thought I might get someone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,14:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 11 2005,14:47)]Please say the exiles are going to sponsor him next season.
Sorely, sorely tempted.  Alas, his current sponsor is likely to have something to say about that...

oops.gif
Who? Wiggy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 11 2005,13:37)]Im devistated, the club treated Nicky discracefully, and i am ashamed our club did that, really ashamed.

Not once playing at left wing did Nicky let us down last season, and was excelent against Swindon and Northampton in particular.  We have established we need wingers, and we now have no natural left footer, it is completely rediculas.

I stand by the fact that there is something that happened between Nicky and the club veruy early on last season, that we never found out about.

We are also now left with only one player who can try to take a corner, and little at free kicks.  I really think we will all be missing Nicky when the season comes.

I would also like to take this time to congratulate southend united in totally screwing up the off season, and not actually doing anything positive what so ever!

As you may have realised, im highly pi**ed off

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
In fairness, there's a fair bit of opinion, some conjecture, even some speculation but not a lot of actual hard fact... unless you are talking about your mood.

The FACT is that Nicolau was offered a deal (which I thought he wouldn't get until the Northampton play-off game) weeks ago and still hasn't signed it.  The ball was in his and/or his agents court.  

So why didn't he sign?

The only reason is because his agent was trying to get him a better deal and Nic had been advised not to sign anything - yet.  The fact that Nic may not have been talking to other clubs personally is irrelevant... his agent obviously did, and I reckon one of those clubs (possibly Swindon) has contacted RM for a chat, hence the reason RM knew there was another club in the frame.  So ta-ta Nic.

Squad players are ten a penny.  It's players that come in and make a sustained impact that are hard to find.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 11 2005,14:54)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 11 2005,14:47)]Please say the exiles are going to sponsor him next season.
Sorely, sorely tempted.  Alas, his current sponsor is likely to have something to say about that...

oops.gif
Who? Wiggy?
If wiggy is Flav's current sponsor then I not only know who she is, but I shall give her a right old telling-off next time I see her!!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ July 11 2005,14:57)]In fairness, there's a fair bit of opinion, some conjecture, even some speculation but not a lot of actual hard fact... unless you are talking about your mood.
I never tried to say it wasnt, so tahts a fair comment

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 11 2005,14:54)]
[b said:
[b said:

oops.gif
Who? Wiggy?
Are you saying "Who? Wiggy?" as in is Wiggy his current sponsor ? or "Who? Wiggy?" as in where the hell has he got to ? Surely this is prime whingeing material for him ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 11 2005,15:51)]Surely this is prime whingeing material for him ?

You mean 'her'.[/QUOTE]
Is Wiggy a she ? I never realised. That explains a lot.

Shouldn't they have their own sub-board ? Proposed names include The Offside Rule or Shrimpers Ironing Forum.
laugh.gif

* ORM runs for cover *
cool.gif

Back