• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky is out of here ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 11 2005,16:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 11 2005,15:51)]Surely this is prime whingeing material for him ?

You mean 'her'.
Is Wiggy a she ? I never realised. That explains a lot.

Shouldn't they have their own sub-board ? Proposed names include The Offside Rule or Shrimpers Ironing Forum.  
laugh.gif

* ORM runs for cover *
cool.gif
[/QUOTE]
Runs for cover?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's stretching the imagination a bit too far.

I'm not surprised it's Swindon who are after him after his excellent performance against them in the LDV.

I'm disappointed Nicky's going, he's a talented young player who could have kept improving next season. It's not the end of the world, though, we have Guttridge now and Tilson's said he's close to getting a replacement anyway. Would have preferred to have kept him though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 11 2005,13:37)]Im devistated, the club treated Nicky discracefully, and i am ashamed our club did that, really ashamed.

Not once playing at left wing did Nicky let us down last season, and was excelent against Swindon and Northampton in particular.  We have established we need wingers, and we now have no natural left footer, it is completely rediculas.

I stand by the fact that there is something that happened between Nicky and the club veruy early on last season, that we never found out about.

We are also now left with only one player who can try to take a corner, and little at free kicks.  I really think we will all be missing Nicky when the season comes.

I would also like to take this time to congratulate southend united in totally screwing up the off season, and not actually doing anything positive what so ever!

As you may have realised, im highly pi**ed off

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
I agree, the matter has been dealt with terribly. why has wilsons contract not been taken away from him. it has just come up on the official site that he has only just signed. ron martin says the main reason he took nicolau contract away is he took too long to sign, yet kind of contradicts him self by allowing wilson to sign.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ July 11 2005,17:06)]I agree, the matter has been dealt with terribly. why has wilsons contract not been taken away from him. it has just come up on the official site that he has only just signed. ron martin says the main reason he took nicolau contract away is he took too long to sign, yet kind of contradicts him self by allowing wilson to sign.
Che agreed to sign ages ago.

Wilson agreed to sign weeks ago. Nicolau didn't and was actively trying to get a deal elsewhere. Simple really.

read on the official website or the echo ages ago that nicolau had verbally agreed to sign a new revised deal, he also says he had agreed to sign in the echo today. cant help think that them f**king agents had something to do with it, football would be a whole lot better without agents, i dont know why players cant speak for them selves. it says in the echo that dudfield is taking each day as it comes and is unlikely to sign anything because his agent is in hospital. who gives a monkeys if his agent is in hospital. if dudfield wants to sign he should sign and if his agent dont like it then dudfield should tell him to f**k off

If Nicky Nicolau thinks that he wasn't getting regular enough starts or enough pay with us then I think he's gonna be in for a bit of a shock at any other club.

I personally am not that upset about Nic leaving because obviously Ron and Tilly have someone else in the barrel, and Ron even commented that "it's someone better than Nicky..." He may even be a left-footer, we just don't know.

I heard Patrick Viera texted Nicolau and told him to hold out for more money.

He played well against Kiddy and Northampton and Swindon. I can't think of many other games he really excelled himself. And everyone remembers Oxford away. He was good on his day, but if he can't be arsed with us then I'd rather see something that really wants to play for the Blues.
Me and my mates used to call him Milk Tray. "All because the lady loves...". Kind of sums him up really. Like the previous man said, tantastic. And a bit of a tart on the field. We all saw him shurk his fair share of tackles (and he WAS bought as a full back after all...)
And I can't believe he's gone to Swindon. For a start, they're below us in the league.
Take a look at the table...

He'll be found out at left back at this level. He gave so many goals away last season. Even Petts might fancy taking him on down the wing!
biggrin.gif

Swindon? Massive? Now I know that all players are required by common law to say how big their latest club is, but to say it's "Really Massive" and that you "Can't Ignore" it is taking it a step too far, no, make that 100 steps too far.

Either that or he's just having a laugh!

Still can't get over the fact that they've signed him. He's obviously got a very good and convincing agent!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 12 2005,18:53)]Still can't get over the fact that they've signed him. He's obviously got a very good and convincing agent!
They're the sort of club we've got to be competing with this season and we offered him a contract....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They are a massive club and have done well over the years

What a ridiculous throwaway statement. They got to the Premier$hite, presumably at some time over the years and since then it's gone horribly wrong!!

I think massive is overbilling. Bigger than us, yes. Massive? Wait til you play Bristol City or Forest son!

Back