• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicolau

• Thread starter Proud to be a Cobbler
  • Start date

Proud to be a Cobbler

How much do you want for him?

f**king brilliant. Players like him are brilliant.

Its funni, i wrote in this forum i few days ago sayin that steve tilson should pick him to start and a few fans said he's not good enough etc!!

Anyways, he had an immense game today
biggrin.gif
!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,00:34)]How much do you want for him?

Would you believe that before tonights match, we weren't convinced that Tilly had a place for him in his plans?

You must be sick of Flahavan making wonder saves, too... Good luck for next season, PTBAC, I think you will be worth a punt - unless we are still in league 2, of course!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,00:34)]How much do you want for him?

He was amazing today, especially in the second half.

Keep up the good work, Nicky. I was proud of you today
biggrin.gif

Thanks Shrimp in a Kit.

Next season is vital for us.

He was good, but he's no Andy Scott....
cool.gif

And I thought Josh Low was the typical bobbins bottler he always was down at orient...

We'll consider swapping Josh Low for Nicky Nic!!!
Not taking anything away from the boy today as he was playing for next year's contract IMHO but his final delivery for such a talented boy is just that key percentage off where it needs to be!

Anyway, well done & thanks to Nicky Nic, if anybody out of our squad deserved to shine today it was YOU!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:01)]We'll consider swapping Josh Low for Nicky Nic!!!
Not taking anything away from the boy today as he was playing for next year's contract IMHO but his final delivery for such a talented boy is just that key percentage off where it needs to be!

Anyway, well done & thanks to Nicky Nic, if anybody out of our squad deserved to shine today it was YOU!
I'd take that.

Low is overpaid sh*t.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,01:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:01)]We'll consider swapping Josh Low for Nicky Nic!!!

I'd take that.

Low is overpaid sh*t.
Is this not though the fact that "better" footballers look like sh*t in the wonderful world of L2?

I mean we had Gavin Strachan 2 years ago & he couldn't even kick a ball straight but from what my mate who's a Hartlepool sponsor has told me, has been one of their main reasons behind 2 L1 playoff campaigns!

I'm about to batten down the hatches for the abuse that says GS was sh*te in the 2 Tranmere games!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:08)]
[b said:
[b said:

I'd take that.

Low is overpaid sh*t.
Is this not though the fact that "better" footballers look like sh*t in the wonderful world of L2?

I mean we had Gavin Strachan 2 years ago & he couldn't even kick a ball straight but from what my mate who's a Hartlepool sponsor has told me, has been one of their main reasons behind 2 L1 playoff campaigns!

I'm about to batten down the hatches for the abuse that says GS was sh*te in the 2 Tranmere games!
No, Low cannot cross, shoot or do much really except for hold the ball up.

I reckon he'd need to be able to cross and shoot in League one and above.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,02:08)]Is this not though the fact that "better" footballers look like sh*t in the wonderful world of L2?
Maybe that rule applies to Nik Naks "key percentage" delivery?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,01:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:08)]
[b said:
[b said:

I'd take that.

Low is overpaid sh*t.

No, Low cannot cross, shoot or do much really except for hold the ball up.

I reckon he'd need to be able to cross and shoot in League one and above.
I was amazed yesterday by how one-footed Josh Low is! Even when he'd wrong footed his marker and turned inside, he still couldn't do anything with his left foot so chose to go back around the outside again. So predictable.

Good luck next season PTBAC - our two games could've gone either way. We finished 4th and you finished 7th so I'm glad we got there (among other reasons) but I think you'll have a good season next year - possible Champions.

SBH

What a breath of fresh air to have a fully fit and full of running Nicky Nic on the left flank compared to the jaded Mark Gower we've had for most of the season. Don't get me wrong I'm not doubting Gower's ability but for me he hasn't been match fit at all this campaign and Nicky's performance showed what a difference he may have made in the final weeks of the league.

If you have a sunbed place in your ground I'm sure you'll be able to lure away Nicky very easily.

wink.gif

I think we have to consider Nik Nak as much of a left back as we do Gower. Nicky is a left midfielder only. In that position, and with a decent run, I think he could even give a fit Mark Gower a run for his money.

i cant remember whether it was this board or the one on the official site but i said that i didnt think nicky was good enough however i will go back on that statement after an amazing performance yesterday. MOM and thoroughly deserved it!

Nicky deserves a hell of a lot of credit for his performance yesterday. I've been one of the posters writing him off as average, though with some justification I feel as I genuinely don't think he's done an awful lot since the Rushden game. But to come in from the cold like he did and perform like that was terrific - he looked sharp on the ball and also got stuck in when he needed to.

Tilson should also be applauded for making the decision to bring Nicky back in, which was a brave one. I made a post last week suggesting Nicky might be the better bet on the left if Gower was unfit, due to Northampton's strengths on the wings, but didn't think for a million years it would actually happen.

Pre-game, Colin Calderwood said that the match-winner might be someone who didn't start in the first leg. How ironic that it was one of our players.  
biggrin.gif

I have been saying sinse he was dropped in February that we needed Nicky back in, and he showed you all why i said it, what an amazing performance from the guy, if proud to have supported him this season, he has certainly not let me down. Lets just hope Tilly does not bottle it and gives him a new contract and a start at Cardiff!!

I think he could make all the difference at Cardiff.
The main difference between us and the Bournemouth team that thrashed Lincoln is pace.
If we can hold our nerve and quicken the game Nicky could be a key player.

I would personally like to thnk Josh Low fromthr bottom of my heart for his total inability to clear the ball and hence allowing us to win a penalty.

Up until yesterda he was one player in the league i feared but on yesterdays performance - Nothing..

Back