• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicolau

• Thread starter Proud to be a Cobbler
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ May 22 2005,15:26)]Nicky deserves a hell of a lot of credit for his performance yesterday. I've been one of the posters writing him off as average, though with some justification I feel as I genuinely don't think he's done an awful lot since the Rushden game. But to come in from the cold like he did and perform like that was terrific - he looked sharp on the ball and also got stuck in when he needed to.

Tilson should also be applauded for making the decision to bring Nicky back in, which was a brave one. I made a post last week suggesting Nicky might be the better bet on the left if Gower was unfit, due to Northampton's strengths on the wings, but didn't think for a million years it would actually happen.

Pre-game, Colin Calderwood said that the match-winner might be someone who didn't start in the first leg. How ironic that it was one of our players.  
biggrin.gif
Were you at Kidderminster? He was superb there.

No doubt that Nicky is a really good player - but left side midfield only, not at full back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 23 2005,09:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ May 22 2005,15:26)]Nicky deserves a hell of a lot of credit for his performance yesterday. I've been one of the posters writing him off as average, though with some justification I feel as I genuinely don't think he's done an awful lot since the Rushden game. But to come in from the cold like he did and perform like that was terrific - he looked sharp on the ball and also got stuck in when he needed to.

Tilson should also be applauded for making the decision to bring Nicky back in, which was a brave one. I made a post last week suggesting Nicky might be the better bet on the left if Gower was unfit, due to Northampton's strengths on the wings, but didn't think for a million years it would actually happen.

Pre-game, Colin Calderwood said that the match-winner might be someone who didn't start in the first leg. How ironic that it was one of our players.  
biggrin.gif
Were you at Kidderminster? He was superb there.
No, I wasn't at Kidderminster but I remember reading reports that suggested Nic was anonymous apart from his goal.

Obviously he deserves to start in Cardiff - let's hope he can reproduce the form he showed against Northampton. For me, overall he didn't do enough in his last spell in the side to warrant being an automatic choice once Gower got 'fit' again, but the good news is that with only one game left, he'll be gunning for a new contract and that means having to play out of his skin for 90+ minutes.

Back