• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nigel Adkins - Scunthorpe could have won by six or seven....

Delusional, I think, although to be fair, it did sound like Hooper and Hayes missed an absolute hatful either on their own or by Fed's saves. By the same token though, we should have probably had at least 4 or 5. Maybe he'd also like to remove the comments about Peter Clarke's supposed handball from their match report?

To be fair, One of the pictures on the match gallery Barrett looks like he could be climbing a bit but how many times has that happened against us?

So who cares

Delusional, I think, although to be fair, it did sound like Hooper and Hayes missed an absolute hatful either on their own or by Fed's saves. By the same token though, we should have probably had at least 4 or 5. Maybe he'd also like to remove the comments about Peter Clarke's supposed handball from their match report?

We should have had at least 4 or 5? What do you base that on?

6 or 7 is stretching it but they had enough chances to win but if you don't take them you can't blame anyone else.

were you there? there was no way we could have had 4 or 5, we had two good chances, one barrett scored and one that their keeper tipped around the post from walker. They could have scored a lot of goals... and all their penalty claims were down the other end so we couldn't see them clearly. Federici made about 4 excellent saves, and there were other chances that Scunthorpe skied wide or over the bar

were you there? there was no way we could have had 4 or 5, we had two good chances, one barrett scored and one that their keeper tipped around the post from walker. They could have scored a lot of goals... and all their penalty claims were down the other end so we couldn't see them clearly. Federici made about 4 excellent saves, and there were other chances that Scunthorpe skied wide or over the bar

rubbish! we cirtainly could have had four or five!!

1. HRK's superb cross fromt he left over to the right which Betsy vollyed and towards goal and Baranard should have poked in.
2. Betsy one on one followed by revells follow up shot,
3. JFC's excellent run and shot which was saved then rebounded off his head over the bar! - very unlucky for us!
4. Hal Robson Kanu's shot from 16 yards - had space and blocked on the line.
5. Walker's shot at the end(slight deflection wide)

Make no mistake - that was an excellent performance, without some key players.

We could have won the game, the performance probally deserved it, but by the same token Scunny did miss a few headers from corners and freekicks.

Both sides looked very good, but we shaded it for me with players like JFC, HRK(despite dippping out of challenges), Sawyer, Francis and Barrett who offered a bit more quality than the players in scunthorpe's respective positions.

The Goal keeper was excellent I may add.

Listened to his interview on Radio Humberside after the game. It was all puff and hot air, including the crap about the headlock. During the interview, someone going past says something indistinct, and Adkins says "That was their centre half, very disrespectful to the radio". Frankly, ****kins, your whole interview was deeply disrespectful to the away team.

Thankfully, the Scunny commentators and everyone who phoned in to Radio Humberside after the game had a much more balanced view, and most agreed that we were the best team to have played at their place this season, that a point was pretty fair, and Southend should be in the mix at season's end.

rubbish! we cirtainly could have had four or five!!

1. HRK's superb cross fromt he left over to the right which Betsy vollyed and towards goal and Baranard should have poked in.
2. Betsy one on one followed by revells follow up shot,
3. JFC's excellent run and shot which was saved then rebounded off his head over the bar! - very unlucky for us!
4. Hal Robson Kanu's shot from 16 yards - had space and blocked on the line.
5. Walker's shot at the end(slight deflection wide)

Make no mistake - that was an excellent performance, without some key players.

We could have won the game, the performance probally deserved it, but by the same token Scunny did miss a few headers from corners and freekicks.

Both sides looked very good, but we shaded it for me with players like JFC, HRK(despite dippping out of challenges), Sawyer, Francis and Barrett who offered a bit more quality than the players in scunthorpe's respective positions.

The Goal keeper was excellent I may add.

yeah fair comments... although most of those you listed were half chances, where as Scunny missed some gilt-edged ones (especially Hoopers header). It was a good performance and a good point, although we were close to getting all 3 as you say, and I didn't see too much from Scunny to be too scared of.

Saw the goals this morning and re the penalty looks as though it was awarded against Barratt. You could see him grappling with the Scunny player as the ball comes into the box. Dont know what Barratt was doing as the ball was nowhere near him when it came in.

He's got a good point about our goal. I was shocked it stood and they missed at least 3, probably 4, absolute sitters! Saying that, we had enough chances of our own and had Hal taken his chance (rather than cutting back and fannying about) at 2-0, it would have been game over.

Still, all in all a great point!

Kev

Saw the goals this morning and re the penalty looks as though it was awarded against Barratt. You could see him grappling with the Scunny player as the ball comes into the box. Dont know what Barratt was doing as the ball was nowhere near him when it came in.

Franky Barrett had bee guilty quite a lot recently of holding on to and grappling with players was just a matter of time before he was punnished

He's got a good point about our goal. I was shocked it stood and they missed at least 3, probably 4, absolute sitters! Saying that, we had enough chances of our own and had Hal taken his chance (rather than cutting back and fannying about) at 2-0, it would have been game over.

Still, all in all a great point!

Kev

none of the defenders really appealed... but it did look like barrett had used his arms to get a jump on the defender

I was basing it on the same theoretical basis that Adkins has based his 6 or 7 on. It was completely tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously. Any shot on goal is a potential goal isn't it?!

Sounds like a northern **** really....Tilly is normally fair and he seemed to think we were good for the draw so I am happy with that....

He describes as a big strong physical side, as if we're a long ball team.

We're far from being a long ball team, but we're definitely a much bigger and more physical side than we have been in previous years under Steve Tilson.

Nigel Adkins is a w*nker, is a w*nker
Come on, join in:

Only listened on the radio, and to me Tilson sounded fair. Both tems deserved a point but we took our chance, scunthorpe spurned several and Federici made several great saves. Dodgy penalty decision, left a bitter taste but I would have taken a point before the game, so pretty happy.

Nigel Adkins can go take a running jump.

Back