• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
I understand the benefits of getting our injured players back and resting some others , but I'm sure going to miss my weekend footy fix.
Not sure how we're going to fill another whole week with nothing to talk about.
Any ideas ?
Let me start - what do you think of Smith ?

Start a rumour or two?

I heard we are about to get Mkandawire and Benson after Ron managed to raise money by pimping out Eastwood, Spicer and Benyon. Which is why they haven't been selected lately, why they get "injured" and explains the "illness" (*Cough" ... herpes *Cough*) that didn't allow him to play the other day.

Sauce? The man walking around Fossetts Farm with a clipboard.

I'm going down to Roots Hall on Saturday anway to keep Paul Smith company. I have it on very good authority that he is stuck on the goal line and has been unable to leave the pitch - he has by all accounts shouted for help, but no-one in the East Stand heard him. He will need all the company he can get as he hates football and isn't at all interested in playing for Southend, so being stuck in a freezing goalmouth at Roots Hall must be really hard for him. I just hope he's not so upset that he refuses to shake my hand.

I'd get Flavs down too to cheer him up, but Smith hates him - he's too short and he hates midgets.....wonder if Bart is free on Saturday.

Is that enough or can I move onto Lee Sawyer and Ron Martin's hair now?

As we have no game this weekend , I reckon the whole squad will go out for a team bonding drinking session.
I can hear it now
"Ok Smithy , can you stop banging on about the MOM performance against Brentford now please , we're all sick of it......"

I'm going down to Roots Hall on Saturday anway to keep Paul Smith company. I have it on very good authority that he is stuck on the goal line and has been unable to leave the pitch - he has by all accounts shouted for help, but no-one in the East Stand heard him. He will need all the company he can get as he hates football and isn't at all interested in playing for Southend, so being stuck in a freezing goalmouth at Roots Hall must be really hard for him. I just hope he's not so upset that he refuses to shake my hand.

I'd get Flavs down too to cheer him up, but Smith hates him - he's too short and he hates midgets.....wonder if Bart is free on Saturday.

Is that enough or can I move onto Lee Sawyer and Ron Martin's hair now?

Lazy reporting again. Yes, Smith is on his goal line this weekend. He's practicing waving, smiling and clapping at the north bank. He's also going to have a go at that thing that you do with your upturned arm whilst shouting 'Phwooargh' for the benefit of the younger lads. Apparently, he intends to do that when play is up the other end AS WELL as when ladies (snigger) occasionally walk around the pitch. By all accounts, he now accepts that he needs to be an all-round entertainer rather than just a shot-stopper, thus the weekend vigil.

I hope I've cleared that up.

We could discuss some of our former keepers and who is best... for instance Flavs or Bart?

How about a new one. Tes Bramble or Federici? Got to be close .... :whistling:

I think a "Which hand would YOU use?" thread would be awesome.

I heard if you sit on your left hand and use that to stop a football, it feels like someone else is doing it.

I think a "Which hand would YOU use?" thread would be awesome.

I heard if you sit on your left hand and use that to stop a football, it feels like someone else is doing it.

If Neville Southall sat in his left hand he wouldn't be able to use it to stop a football..........oh hang on, maybe we're on to something.

We could always talk about the demise of the second class outfit up the road playing in front of a live audience of 3 and a dog at the Airfix Stadium. :COL U:

southend_united_cheerleaders_14.jpg

Saturday is free. Why not audition for some more cheer leaders. These look ok.

OMG I've just remembered how auful the months of June and July are without any meaningful football......only four months away as well! :'(:'(

Back