• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norman Wabo

Barling Magna

President⭐
Currently trialling with Sutton United, Norman scored in their 3-0 victory over Slough Town last weekend. Good luck to the lad.

Always gutted it didn’t work out for him for whatever reason. Used to bang them away for the u23’s.

So am I he always came across on social media as such a positive young man. Really hope he goes somewhere else and flourishes.

I do wonder whether we'll be saying in a few years 'the one that got away...'. I think he could do very well at a club like Sutton.

No-one doubted his ability, just a shame he had such disregard for authority.

Probably a spell playing regularly in non-league may help him re-focus.

I do wonder whether we'll be saying in a few years 'the one that got away...'. I think he could do very well at a club like Sutton.

I don’t think we will, he may go on to do similar to the likes of Pinnock and Woodyard but I can’t see him being the next Jamie Vardy.

I don’t think we will, he may go on to do similar to the likes of Pinnock and Woodyard but I can’t see him being the next Jamie Vardy.

Sure Vardy is the shinning example but you also named two solid examples that would currently provide things we lack. These to got away.

Sure Vardy is the shinning example but you also named two solid examples that would currently provide things we lack. These to got away.

I was more talking about the level that they play at and the potential monetary value the players could bring. Since Kightly we haven’t really let someone go and they’ve ended up going for mega money or played at a higher level than we are currently playing at.

Somewhat ironic that we got rid of Wabo, a prolific goalscorer for the under 23s who never got much of look in for the first time, reputedly, on here at least, for perceived attitude problems, yet we seem to be intent on trialling players, at least two, who definitely have form in that respect.

Somewhat ironic that we got rid of Wabo, a prolific goalscorer for the under 23s who never got much of look in for the first time, reputedly, on here at least, for perceived attitude problems, yet we seem to be intent on trialling players, at least two, who definitely have form in that respect.

Blackman is one - who’s the other?

I reckon quite often players need to take a step back in order to move forward. We’re not going to get fully formed players - mentally as well as physically- at 19.

I’d be keeping an eye out for those who got released at that age and then established themselves in non-league. I think there’s a rich seam of talent there.

I was more talking about the level that they play at and the potential monetary value the players could bring. Since Kightly we haven’t really let someone go and they’ve ended up going for mega money or played at a higher level than we are currently playing at.

Yeah, I guess I should my first comment should've read one that got away rather than the one.

Always difficult- Blackmban is talented, mucked up elsewhere, came back (again) with us to make up the numbers but has it appears presented himself very well and performed very well. So maybe has earned a chance and will be very cheap.

If it’s your own player who over a number of months/years has not responded as required in our environment rather than elsewhere you run out of chances..

I take it things didn’t go to well, don’t remember his name being mentioned during the game.

From Kent Online:

"Gillingham gave trialist striker Norman Wabo 20 minutes at the end. He might have won the Gills a free-kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box had the referee seen, or penalised, the blatant shove."

From Kent Online:

"Gillingham gave trialist striker Norman Wabo 20 minutes at the end. He might have won the Gills a free-kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box had the referee seen, or penalised, the blatant shove."

Poor Norm, even the ref never noticed him.

Back