• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank Survey

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,19:46)]I for 1 would go back and stay there for the entire season (next year)

I would even consider getting a season ticket there
Great. But I think you'd need at least another 799* people to commit themselves permanently before the club will even think of forking out the necessary cash.

WS

(* 800 was the figure given to us by Ron Martin back in 2001.)

I agree. And they probably would for a pre-season game this summer. But I don't think they would be allowed to do so for a League game this season without spending out ...

WS

Yes BUT for a pre-season game you won't have any passion or atmosphere so thats really pointless

How long have you been following the fortunes of the Shrimpers?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>18 years very poorly, properly and attending 5 years</span>

Did you ever frequent the North Bank?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>No</span>

Where do you normally sit now?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I have a season ticket in the RBS as I take my 3 year old. Skip down to the other end of the west for evening games though</span>

Would you move back to the North Stand if the club made it possible for home fans to sit there?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Not permanently, but I would fancy it for Evening games</span>

State the reasons for your answer above.

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I go to the family stand so I can take my son((s) shortly). I prefer to be able to take him to all games, and so happy where I am.</span>

Would you support another campaign for the return of home fans to the North Bank?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>No - we&#39;re moving out of the Hall soon anyway (hopefully). It&#39;d be doomed to fail, so what exactly is the point?</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:33)]Yes BUT for a pre-season game you won&#39;t have any passion or atmosphere so thats really pointless
Yes BUT segregation wouldn&#39;t be such an issue ...

WS

i think you would need a sit where u want policy rather than having a designated seat to try to recreate a terrace type feel... from a safety point of view you could sell the tickets block by block in case it was busier than expected.. or only ever sell 2/3&#39;s of the bank capacity to stop any &#39;cant get a seat panic&#39;.. obviously for big games then designated seats could be bought back

14 years

Yes

West Stand F/V/W Block

Would you move back to the North Stand if the club made it possible for home fans to sit there?

Yes

Football for me is not all about a great view or fantastic facilities; its about the atmostpehere generated. These days with all seater stadium the fans often have to wait for something to happen on the pitch before they find their voices. The option to congregate behing one goal and create an atmosphere regardless of what is happening on the pitch can only benefit the side. I may remember my visits to the north bank through tinted glasses but it would be great to give it a try again.

Would you support another campaign for the return of home fans to the North Bank?

Yes.

16 years

Yes

Either South Upper blues or East Greens

Yes - definately, every time

The level of noise in the stand, not just generated by it, was one of the highlights of games - it definately made me MORE likely to sing and shout in that environment whereas now I am much quieter (in the South Upper library). Of course we wont get the melee effect when we score and you&#39;re lifted off your feet and carried forward by the crowd - which was great - but it&#39;ll be worth it for the noise alone.

Yes definately - but more effort should be made to petition supporters on the doors on matchdays, and ask any supporters who used to stand on the North bank but no longer come to the Hall whether they would be willing to return if the North Bank was designated a home area again... there are ways and means of contacting them and it should be done&#33;

30 years

Yes

East Yellows

No

I used to be in favour of a return to the North Bank but as the facilities are not great and I have a tendancy to wander off to the bar during the 2nd half, its not for me. Saying that, I am in favour of the North West corner being made available to home fans due the woeful support that away teams seem to bring to us.

Would you support another campaign for the of home fans to the North Bank?

Only for the North West corner.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Back