• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North bank v dagenham

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Couple of things,

First off SUPERB support today got behind the lads well I hope we sounded good from other stands?

Loved that we got the cresswell song going and he loves it too (talking to him in the boozer last night)

Lastly though can we please please not try and get 'personnel' with the security staff kicked off a few times yesterday and we don't want the hard work spoilt by some who wish to have a tare up with the security they are only doing their jobs! However I do know some concerns on the flip side where they have been abusive towards fans, will take that up with the club but it's a 2 way street guys! Also (and I am just as guilty) we need to try to refrain from 'charging' into the no mans land when we score or concede

once again SUPERB SUPPORT!!!!

Totaly agree, i tend to sit on the outer edge of the north bank with my boys, and thougherly love the atmosphere in there, takes me back to when i use to stand in there.

Lets not spoil what you have achived by getting us back in there. If you want a real pop at the away surporters, then ask them politly if you could meet them outside, I mean the banter is really good fun, gives a great lift the atmosphere around the ground.

Lets noy spoil what we have got, as we will really miss it when it has gone,

and beleive you me, i was there when the home surport lost the north to go into the south, and all i wanted for the next 19 years was to get back into north bank. I would really hate to loose it again and have to wait another 20 years to get back in there.

I'm in agreement with you guys. It's taken us long enough to get it back, so lets not blow it. When the game started they had a little sing song, but we soon ripped into 10 mins of "Blue Army" followed by a repertoire of Shrimpers favourites which totally drowned them out. Previously, the away teams seemed to look confident with their support echoing behind them, but we seem to be nullifying that now. Lets just keep it as banter, though !!

We need to curb our enthusiasm in there at times, which is difficult when you are passionate about your team, but would hate to lose the North again. The efforts of all those in there Saturday (numbers unknown ) completely nullified the attempts of the away support, which for far too long has had the best accoustic stand at OUR ground, and put our support at a disadvantage.
Keep it up and if you want atmosphere come and join the party in the North. :happy:

We need to curb our enthusiasm in there at times, which is difficult when you are passionate about your team, but would hate to lose the North again. The efforts of all those in there Saturday (numbers unknown ) completely nullified the attempts of the away support, which for far too long has had the best accoustic stand at OUR ground, and put our support at a disadvantage.
Keep it up and if you want atmosphere come and join the party in the North. :happy:

Yes your right we have been asking for the north bank for years and it's good to finally get back in there.
The next step should be to give the South bank to the away supporters. I have heard about so called safety concerns but I don't believe it. Then it can really be like the good old days and the home support can get right behind the goal.
I do have some sympathy with the Dagenham fans who cant see why they are pennned into a small area when half the ground is empty. Accoustics wise the South is hopeless and the view downstairs and up at the back is a joke. Give that to the away lot who will at least have room to move.

I was sat with my 10 year old in the east blue.Dad can we go in the noisy bit next time!.Well done Scott you have got the atmosphere back!

Yes your right we have been asking for the north bank for years and it's good to finally get back in there.
The next step should be to give the South bank to the away supporters. I have heard about so called safety concerns but I don't believe it. Then it can really be like the good old days and the home support can get right behind the goal.
I do have some sympathy with the Dagenham fans who cant see why they are pennned into a small area when half the ground is empty. Accoustics wise the South is hopeless and the view downstairs and up at the back is a joke. Give that to the away lot who will at least have room to move.

I don't agree with there mate I think you need away support in one end too bounce off

I was sat with my 10 year old in the east blue.Dad can we go in the noisy bit next time!.Well done Scott you have got the atmosphere back!

Mate thanks for the kind words but as I have said before none of it is possible without the work of Dave Jobson - TBV lads - Trust via supply's - Gary Lockket

Joint effort with everybody wanting te same thing! And who said fan power was dead?

Absolutely No need at all to kerb the enthusiam, just channel it towards supporting the players on the pitch rather than against the opposition support:smile:

I don't agree with there mate I think you need away support in one end too bounce off

The away support would be in one end .The South Bank,
Are you saying we need the home and away support in one end ?
If we get promoted that would not happen because too many away supporters at a lot of games.
Thats why we should allocate the South to away support.

firstly the north bank was easily the best sounding on saturday that i've heard it.... so thank you trueblue for helping in getting it back....

secondly does the club have a maximum amount of people who buy tickets as one group? im planning on going with 22 people to blues v york on oct 27th..:smile:

The away support would be in one end .The South Bank,
Are you saying we need the home and away support in one end ?
If we get promoted that would not happen because too many away supporters at a lot of games.
Thats why we should allocate the South to away support.

Yes sorry I should have been clearer there - I think its better to have a shared north bank as Saturday you had both sets of fans trading blows with songs and trying to out wit and out sing each other and that as such a superb effect on the ground as a whole!

firstly the north bank was easily the best sounding on saturday that i've heard it.... so thank you trueblue for helping in getting it back....

secondly does the club have a maximum amount of people who buy tickets as one group? im planning on going with 22 people to blues v york on oct 27th..:smile:

Unsure but might be worth you giving the ticket office a call and explain the situation and I am sure they will be glad to help

Yes sorry I should have been clearer there - I think its better to have a shared north bank as Saturday you had both sets of fans trading blows with songs and trying to out wit and out sing each other and that as such a superb effect on the ground as a whole!

Yes, it is better at this moment in time to have a shared North Bank because the away support at most games is just a handfull of people. Hence the shared option works well and is a step in the right direction.
The problem is that it can be withdrawn at any time. If there is complaints from the stewards or the police that the shared stand is causing a problem with rivals fans running into the no mans land and verbally abusing each other. Then SUFC may decide it's not worth the agro and ship Blues fans out. Also as stated if we go up and play say Coventry or Colchester, then what? Blues will be out of the North again. I think better to make it a permanent move and give us back the North Bank for good. At the end of the day its what all blues fans have been calling for ever since they built that leggo stand.

Yes, it is better at this moment in time to have a shared North Bank because the away support at most games is just a handfull of people. Hence the shared option works well and is a step in the right direction.
The problem is that it can be withdrawn at any time. If there is complaints from the stewards or the police that the shared stand is causing a problem with rivals fans running into the no mans land and verbally abusing each other. Then SUFC may decide it's not worth the agro and ship Blues fans out. Also as stated if we go up and play say Coventry or Colchester, then what? Blues will be out of the North again. I think better to make it a permanent move and give us back the North Bank for good. At the end of the day its what all blues fans have been calling for ever since they built that leggo stand.

Agree with your sentiments however - these slight issues have been down to stewarding club know that

was a great match apart from nearly going down the stairs lol but you will be please to know i managed to stay up (just)

Well done Scott. Well done to all of those involved. Let's hope the noise coincides with results and increased attendances. Great work!

Well done Scott. Well done to all of those involved. Let's hope the noise coincides with results and increased attendances. Great work!

Well it did at the end of last season so I see no reason why we can't replicate that this time around.

Back