• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

thats prob the Millwall game as advertised on the ticket phone line.
That's as maybe, but it just proves that no-one really seems to know what they are doing anymore where customer relations are concerned. My initial e-mail said
'I am beginning to wonder why I bother subscribing to Blues Player. I do so
to be able to hear the matches as I am unable to get to many games, but it
is a lottery. First match of the season kept cutting out, and then today, I
have not been able to access the Southend commentary and have had to listen
to the Northampton stream (which keeps cutting out and the page has to be
refreshed). I am not alone in this as many others on the Shrimperzone forum
have the same trouble. Can this be sorted out please.'
So, I have mentioned both Southend and Northampton, is it rocket science to get an accurate reply?

Cockles, Cresswell isn't being used there as a first choice. Just something different to try and salvage something which will give defenders an added problem to think about. Cresswell does this well to date. Not sure who said it but this shouldn't mask we were fortunate at times especially with our first goal and lapses of concentration for I think 2 of their goals.

David Martin was good value for the first half and Prosser (who I am not convinced about) had a reasonable 1st half playing with someone in front of him. Midfield worked better and we PASSED the ball which is reflected in the possession figures. Negatives are the poor on target number of efftorts from the front two and the ease with which the defense/GK crumbled under Akinfenwa and Platt. And Hurst was invisible. Fans were good, stewards friendly, no pies because Akinfenwa ate them all.

David Martin was good value for the first half and Prosser (who I am not convinced about) had a reasonable 1st half playing with someone in front of him. Midfield worked better and we PASSED the ball which is reflected in the possession figures. Negatives are the poor on target number of efftorts from the front two and the ease with which the defense/GK crumbled under Akinfenwa and Platt. And Hurst was invisible. Fans were good, stewards friendly, no pies because Akinfenwa ate them all.

Yes, not convinced by Belford any more - thanks but can we have Smith in goal please.
Prosser had a good game overall - and made some passes to feet and worked well with Martin. He still is the weak link in the back four ............ having said that we seem to be leaking goals at the moment.
Midfield worked well I thought - Hurst was not in the game and Leonard has not reclaimed the form he showed last season ..... so far! I was happy with Kane and Spicer - well done.
Thought the front two worked well .......... but what is wrong with Benyon and Harris? We know Fred is injured. Tomlin is gaining in confidence and threat ....... slowly!

Pleased to see the long throw routine was largely dropped and some good passes and ball on the ground - even some attempts to get to the line before crossing - fantastic compared with some of our play over the last 3 games.

Draw was a fair result in the end but I wished we had gone for a two goal lead instead of letting them back into the game.

My man of the match would have been Martin but I think I will award it to Spicer as he lasted the whole 90 minutes. :thumbsup:

Pleased to have a point on the board - up the football league we go ...................:omg:

Back