• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'NORTHERN' transfer targets!!!???

SUFCFANS

Coach
Tilly has admitted being rebuffed by two Loan targets, both strikers, both from northern clubs. The reson for both has been they don't want to move down south for a loan, or are happy up noth.

So, is there a message here - ie spend more time looking a little closer to home!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??

So, is there a message here - ie spend more time looking a little closer to home!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??

Maybe though, it could be argued a lot of the southern targets are on better wages that, in our current state, we can't cope with, even in terms of loan deals?

Personally, I think we should be trying to loan players from anywhere, certainly England & Scotland (as I've said before there are decent young players in the U21 teams of the top 4 clubs in Scotland who would easily gain from regular L1 football).

why is this silly - there are plenty of reason 'local' loan deals are more likely than long distance ones. For the very reasons these targets have turned us down. Other reason such as family etc do play a big part as well..

this bringing in a new striker is making me laugh
surely a premiership or championship team in london has a decent striker (youngster on there books)
yes he may be an unknown to us but so was freddy when he joined

get off ur arse tilly ring mr wenger, mr zola, mr hiddink up and see what they have

What a silly post. :whistling:

Northerners are silly. They moan about being poor and when they get the opportunity to move to the civilised south, they spurn it. You'd think that they'd be able to cope with the fact that we dont have gravy or mushy peas on our chips but even this "difference" is too much for them. What an insular lot. We have even gone to the trouble of erecting branches of Lidl and Morrisons in the south so they dont have to embarrass themselves by spilling their loose change in Waitrose.

i actually agree that we should look a little closer to home. look at the amount of decent players who have gone to peterborough etc from clubs in our back yard like daggers. we should been keeping tabs all the time.

Northerners are silly. They moan about being poor and when they get the opportunity to move to the civilised south, they spurn it. You'd think that they'd be able to cope with the fact that we dont have gravy or mushy peas on our chips but even this "difference" is too much for them. What an insular lot. We have even gone to the trouble of erecting branches of Lidl and Morrisons in the south so they dont have to embarrass themselves by spilling their loose change in Waitrose.

Come the day of the glorious revolution, I shall be appointing you Minister for Northerners. If I allow you to direct operations from within civilisation and not make you move up there, will you accept?

Post of the year!
If Steve Tilson is reading this, I am based in the north and would be very interested in a move to the Southend area

i actually agree that we should look a little closer to home. look at the amount of decent players who have gone to peterborough etc from clubs in our back yard like daggers. we should been keeping tabs all the time.

Barnard, Freedman, Furlong, Sawyer, HRK, Christophe, Dervite, Robinson, Grant, Joyce, Masters, Sankofa, Stanislas, all signed from fairly local clubs. There's 13 players there signed in the last year. But hey why should facts get in the way of your argument?

Next thing we'll hear is that Tilly doesn't have contacts with local Premiership clubs...:unsure:

Whatever happened I think we should have had anoher loan deal lined up with someone maybe less talented but very likely to want to come here so that if the northern deals went wrong we could still bring someone in

Aaron Mclean from Grays....but we saw Foran as a better bet! dont start ne on that ****up again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back