• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

norwich re-new interest in eastwood

Barry Fry has the right idea... whenever a bigger club comes in for one of his better players and he doesn't want to lose that player, he always puts a ridiculous price tag on the player's head. He did that often at Southend and still does it at Peterborough.

If Tilson were to ask for £30m for Freddy, club's like Norwich would laugh and then go away.

Seriously, I can understand Norwich's interest in Freddy. He's a great player and there will come a time when he will HAVE to leave us to realise his full potential with a bigger club. Also, Freddy's worth something like £500k-750k right now, but come January... who knows? £1m? £2m?

Would Norwich want to spend that sort of money in six months?

From listening to various interviews and Geoff King at the AGM, I suspect the board realise Eastwoods value to the club and wouldn't accept less than £1m.
With sell on clauses etc, its probably easier for Southend to resist approaches while Eastwood expresses no desire to leave.
Personnally, I think Freddy won't want to leave until at least xmas. No point in moving to a club were first team games are going to be hard to come by.
Wet Spam must still be in his mind.
Tony C

Disagree. He is worth more than that to the club. His value will go up if he can prove himself in league 1 which he clearly will do. I suspect will will see only a part of the fee due to sell on fees (I don't know there are any, but can't believe there aren't any).
The club are cashing in on his popularity, Freddy is growing stronger and in statue.
Geoff King has already indicated that even a £1m bid from Man U would't prise him away ( I think Freddy might have something to say about that though).
I believe the club aren't trying to talk up the fee, but are trying to prevent bids that may tempt Eastwood away. At the end of the day, if a player expresses an interest to leave, there isn't much the club could do.
Eastwood is a smart cookie, and he knows he is being watched and can only get better, more desired and a move direct to a Championship side pushing for promotion when the clear runners emerge during the xmas period.
BTW, is the transfer window now off for div 1?
Tony C

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 31 2005,19:32)]Reel 'em in ...

biggrin.gif
How clever of you...

No really! What an excellent post.

rock.gif

Back