• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You don't attend games so making comments like this based on highlights is ridiculous. Try spending your hard earned cash watching 90 minutes week after week and you wouldn't be posting nonsense.

Live in the US, come home 3 times a year, watch about 5-8 games live. Pay a considerable amount of my hard earned cash to stay connected the best way I can to follow a team I supported for 45 years. Would love to see more games live, and support my team through this difficult patch. Is there an amount of cash I need to spend until I'm entitled to a legitimate opinion ?

Live in the US, come home 3 times a year, watch about 5-8 games live. Pay a considerable amount of my hard earned cash to stay connected the best way I can to follow a team I supported for 45 years. Would love to see more games live, and support my team through this difficult patch. Is there an amount of cash I need to spend until I'm entitled to a legitimate opinion ?

I can't really comment on your own situation but in general, I do not believe that a person that sees 23 home league games a season is more of a fan than someone who only attends 22. This only leads to "I'm a bigger fan than you" statements which are seemingly ridiculous and undermine the whole ethos that we all support the same team and are in some way "bonded together" ............ although strangely there are many at both home and away games that I would not want to be associated with in any shape or form. :omg:

Back to the thread, a bit more "respect" from us all for a person's point of view (even if it is clearly rubbish :winking:) is the way forward, isn't it?

It's nothing to do with who the biggest fan is the point is unless you are actually at the game you can't see the whole picture, the lack of effort, the dejected look on the players faces, the confusion etc. TV only gives a fraction of the overall picture so yes those who have attended live games since xmas on a regular basis have a much clearer idea of just how bad things are.

It's nothing to do with who the biggest fan is. The point is unless you are actually at the game you can't see the whole picture, the lack of effort, the dejected look on the players faces, the confusion etc. TV only gives a fraction of the overall picture so "yes" those who have attended live games since Christmas regularly have a much clearer idea of just how bad things are.

Now that is a better way of putting it .......... agreed - it's attending the games that gives you a better view. My personal dislike is the use of cogent (and at times meaningless) statistics to demonstrate a point of view when it is as clear as the nose on my face what the real situation was.

Back