• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Notting 'em

RobM.

Manager
Anyone know of a reasonable hotel in Nottingham? I'm considering going to the Forest game and staying overnight.
TIA
RobM.

Young man....

Its fun to stay at the YMCA
You can get yourself clean
You can have a good meal
You can do whatever you feel

So I hear!

biggrin.gif

Nottingham's really rough. My mate went to uni there and he couldnt believe how bad it was.

i'd have to agree, one of my friends is at the uni and does not recomend nottingham at all.

Is Nottingham not the stag-night capital of England these days?
Somebody told me it was lap-dance heaven as well as about 3 girls per male on an average night out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 07 2005,16:35)]Somebody told me it was lap-dance heaven as well as about 3 girls per male on an average night out!
Is that all?! I found out yesterday, Aldershot is the best place for girls to go, because there's 50 guys per female down there!

biggrin.gif

Nottingham is certainly the most dangerous place outside London in this country.

But like everywhere it has its good and bad parts.
Have to say the bit around the uni and in the area around Beeston is actually quite nice.

I'm staying with a few mates up there who are at uni, hopefully be in the town in the evening celebrating a famous victory.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 07 2005,16:35)]Is Nottingham not the stag-night capital of England these days?
Somebody told me it was lap-dance heaven as well as about 3 girls per male on an average night out!
Blackpool is the stag night capital.
Amazing number of girls in Nottingham, you'd have to like J Merrick not to pull, but even he'd get offers I reckon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 07 2005,16:55)]Where's Matt the Shrimp when you need him?

laugh.gif
At your service.

Yes, I'm sure Toddy would like me to report that he may well have pulled even before he's set foot in Nottingham...

tounge.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 07 2005,16:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 07 2005,16:55)]Where's Matt the Shrimp when you need him?

laugh.gif
At your service.

Yes, I'm sure Toddy would like me to report that he may well have pulled even before he's set foot in Nottingham...

tounge.gif

upside.gif
And now you're fishing.

There's a good bar near the station called "Hooters", full of totty waitresses, just up the road from the travelodge I think, well worth a visit, actually don't think Notts is that bad, stick to the City centre its OK

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2005,16:31)]Nottingham's really rough. My mate went to uni there and he couldnt believe how bad it was.
I guess it depends what area you are talking about. I went to uni in Nottingham in the late 90s and lived for two years in The Meadows, which is notoriously one of the worst parts - but I never encountered any trouble at all.

I personally loved Nottingham and would still probably live there if there were job opportunities.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 07 2005,17:19)]And now you're fishing.
Nah, I'm not the scrapping kind. Looking at his comments on a Swansea thread, however, it appears that my adversary on Friday most definitely is the scrapping kind...

oops.gif

When I went to uni in York in the late 90s, I lived for a year on the outskirts of Tang Hall, which is notoriously one of the worse parts of York - but I lived to tell the tale.

I think the reputation of these places is often exaggerated.

The River Trent stinks of sewage! Get away from there as quickly as possible, its a myth 4 girls to 1 guy it was like this until the late 90's then every guy and his dog turned up and now it's like 2 guys to 1 girl. I know this i've spent too much time there.

As this is prove what youve done and seen hour.....

As for stags go i'm happy to say i've done Amsterdam and New York and the strippers, booZe and the Weeeeed are better in the Dam

Freedom!

I drove through Nottingham once.

It looked crap.

One of my Aunts lives in nearby Huthwaite. That's crap too...
sad.gif

Back