• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Been told that a Forest scout was once again watching Hall and Ferdinand Last night also was watching Bradford's Keeper , unfortunately last night was not the first time they have watched Hall and will be making a bid come January .

Seems they are not as keen on Kane and obviously don't care about Bradfords No 1 .

Well, if their bid is based on the form he's been in lately, I won't be getting too excited.

I would be gutted and angry if he went, although saying that he's wasted playing for us with all this hoofball at the moment so in actual fact he's probably better off playing for a team that actually plays football on the floor.

Yes yes, we're second in the league and we play hoofball.
18 month ago we were on the point of extinction.
I call that progress.
Hall can go if he wants and they pay.

If any of them go we need to know whether the money made will be invested straight back into buying replacements. But lets face it we know that is not going to happen with Ron Martin.

Hall was pants on Friday, unless they have been watching him for months then they wont be putting in an offer.

I'd be quite happy to see Hall and a couple of others depart. God knows we need the money. Some to go into the coffers with a bit to reinvest into the squad. Will we miss the creativity ? Yes. Is it the end of the world ? No. In August if you'd have said top 3 I'd have laughed. As long as we can get Timlin if someone offers money for Ferdinand we'd be fools not to take it. Our finances are not geared up for promotion at all costs. Whatever is achieved this season is outperformance.

I can honestly see three or four going in January and a few coming in. I'd expect two of Hall, Sawyer, Grant or Ferdinand, plus, unfortunately in many ways, probably JJ and Paterson (if no-one is interested, I say we should pay his contract up and get him off the books anyway).

I'd be quite happy to see Hall and a couple of others depart. God knows we need the money. Some to go into the coffers with a bit to reinvest into the squad. Will we miss the creativity ? Yes. Is it the end of the world ? No. In August if you'd have said top 3 I'd have laughed. As long as we can get Timlin if someone offers money for Ferdinand we'd be fools not to take it. Our finances are not geared up for promotion at all costs. Whatever is achieved this season is outperformance.

Maybe not but I can assure you if we don't go up this year there will be some very angry top men at the club.

I can't see Hall going anywhere..Ferdinand, Grant and Harris yes + a few fringe players.

Really what makes you think he will be going?
I think he will go if somebody will take him on,he has not performed well since his arrival and some of that is down to the way we play but we need more up front and he would free up a lot of the wage cap.

I have only been to a few games this season but everyone I have been to Harris has played his socks off and given a 110%. I think we need him as a back up and as a starting player. We just need a natural out and out goalscorer, someone that will get us a lot of goals upfront. Someone who will fit into the long ball game which Harris, Dickinson, Sturrock and Crawford don't really fit into.

I think he will go if somebody will take him on,he has not performed well since his arrival and some of that is down to the way we play but we need more up front and he would free up a lot of the wage cap.

I can't see Harris going. At his age, with 2.5 year contract left why would he? He'd be lucky to match that somewhere else. Can't see it sadly but if we could release who someone referred to as the anti-striker Blair I'd be more than happy. In my opinion he doesn't offer anything, let alone a goal opportunity.

Can't see Harris going, too long left on his contract. I'm not sure on the numbers, but would he be one of our higher earners?

Can see Hall leaving in Jan if we take a bit of a slump in the league now, but if we pick it up again in the next few games I reckon he might stay put.

I can't see Harris going either, who would take him on and cover his next 2 years wages? I am just saying that if the club could get rid I think they would.

I can't see Harris going either, who would take him on and cover his next 2 years wages? I am just saying that if the club could get rid I think they would.

Can't disagree with that. In general, our ambitions last year were to stay in the league. The players we quickly signed achieved that admirably. Now that we have raised the bar and are looking for promotion, several of those players are punching above their weight and we need better quality in several positions. That's life, thanks for what you have done but for some it's time to move on. Some serious discussions and soul searching will take place between now and the end of January.

Back